PDA

View Full Version : Do you worry about other peoples health?

KatiePink
12-04-16, 21:18
Do you worry about your loved ones as well as yourself?

My main struggle is the fear that i am going to die suddenly or get a terminal illness, however i always worry about my loved ones, or think about them dying to the point that sometimes i have convinced myself that said person has died and work myself up into a right state. At the time i really believe it, goes way past the point of normal worrying

Anyone?

Worried1234
12-04-16, 21:25
I mostly tend to obsess about my own health...I guess that makes me self-absorbed?! DH already has a special disease all of his own and for some reason I just don't have the same health fears for my baby, it's like I just know he's going to be ok, it's me that will end up leaving him

Buster70
12-04-16, 21:35
Hi , I worry constantly about my family and switch from my self to them if I'm feeling a bit better I start back on them , I do have good reason my partner has heart problems which makes her very ill and my daughter was in intensive care for a week after an Over dose , I turn into a real pain watching over them waiting for a small sign somthing is wrong , my new added worry is my dog recently had his leg removed through cancer , it's like a conveyer belt of worries , tonight I'm worrying about me , maybe you will read this and at least think your worries are not so bad , in the past I've always thought the worst would happen but it didn't , I've wasted so much time with negative thinking and it never changes the outcome , if there is nothing immediately wrong with them just try to enjoy that time , take care .

Toby2000
12-04-16, 22:21
Hi , I worry constantly about my family and switch from my self to them if I'm feeling a bit better I start back on them , I do have good reason my partner has heart problems which makes her very ill and my daughter was in intensive care for a week after an Over dose , I turn into a real pain watching over them waiting for a small sign somthing is wrong , my new added worry is my dog recently had his leg removed through cancer , it's like a conveyer belt of worries , tonight I'm worrying about me , maybe you will read this and at least think your worries are not so bad , in the past I've always thought the worst would happen but it didn't , I've wasted so much time with negative thinking and it never changes the outcome , if there is nothing immediately wrong with them just try to enjoy that time , take care .

I'm literally the same, I drive my mum mad nagging her about a cough she has. I used to inspect her phlegm for the slightest signs of blood, I don't anymore I got out of doing that disgusting thing ages ago but that's what anxiety does to you. I'm literally in tears now because she just coughed. Some days I wish I could go back to worrying about myself but it's too painful worrying about the ones you love

KatiePink
12-04-16, 22:46
Don't get me wrong i predominantly fear for my own health, but i do worry a heck of a lot about family. Put myself through hell for something that's not even happened yet

Toby2000
12-04-16, 22:48
Don't get me wrong i predominantly fear for my own health, but i do worry a heck of a lot about family. Put myself through hell for something that's not even happened yet

I know how you feel. Less than an hour ago I was imagining visiting my mum in hospital, ridiculous right?

Hypo
13-04-16, 07:59
Not at all.

Unless I have a real reason to that is. I am fantastic at being logical over other people's health. I have to be to do my job, but I can't apply the same logic and calmness to myself.

Hats
14-04-16, 00:09
Yes, I do. Very much so. But then I return the worry to me because I cannot deal with something happening to my kids. I suspend looking up too much, though I do to an extent that initial sets me off very anxiously. But then I have to stop and let it go, unless I feel it will be helpful. I'm currently worried about my kids' various issues, and my mom, but I can't focus on that, because it hurts soooo freaking much. Like my own personal HA is tied into my family and how much I love them. I love life, and living. I love them more. I need to be here for them, so I guess that's where my HA worries focus. I cannot venture into something happening to my kids for very long, or I lose it. My worries about my family, create stress and anxiety symptoms in me, and then I fall into the HA abyss.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I can't help, but I understand where you are coming from.