PDA

View Full Version : SFI Pretty Much Convinced

Anxietysucks51
12-04-16, 23:38
Hello guys I'm a mess lately I'm pretty sure I have a rare subtype of CJD called sporadic fatal insomnia. I have not slept well in 2 weeks I mean really bad it feels for the first time it feels like something is terminally wrong. I can't sleep through the night at all I mean at all it's really bad. I sleep 2 or 3 hours and then I wake up. Then I will sleep and wake up every hour so in theory I could get 7 hours but 2 or 3 straight then up every hour after. This pretty much means I'm not getting any slow wave sleep a sigh of SFI. This happened suddenly as I was stressed about a job interview and could not sleep maybe the job interview had nothing to do with it in the first place. I am 21 years old and asking a doctor for a pet scan for a disease that is pretty rare is going to be hard to accomplish. The promblem is Benadryl and zzzquil are not working they get me to sleep but don't keep me asleep. I honestly think my thalamus is fried and this is the end. I know how rare this is I would probably make the news on the internet that's how rare this is but the symptoms fit. I don't feel anxious going to bed yet wake up 1000 times. Any clue how I try to tell a doctor I have this disease without him dismissing it due to its rarity. I am pretty sure this is what I have the sleep just does not feel right it feels fragmented and I feel horrible :weep:. I don't know I guess I'm that 1 in 400,000,000

Fishmanpa
12-04-16, 23:46
With respect, this ailment along with rabies scenarios and brain eating amoebas are among some of the more irrational, far fetched fears I've seen on the HA boards. Of course the rouge planet that's supposed to destroy the earth this month should be included on the list ;)

I know you're really caught up in this fear but there's really just no possible way. Are you getting help with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Anxietysucks51
13-04-16, 01:12
That's what bugs me it's a lil the doctor is obv not going to believe I have it and is 99 percent going to send me home. Then what worries me is if the sleeping pills don't work then I almost have to have it right. I doubt the hospital has even seen a case. I have also thought i had brain eating amoeba at one time sadly but this one feels real I mean real. I have not slept right in 2 weeks.