PDA

View Full Version : Light Flickering, PLEASE HELP :(

710ras
13-04-16, 03:08
Hey guys, I've been lurking here for a while and a lot of these posts have helped me. But I couldn't find one about this. So I have been having anxiety about brain tumours for about 4 months and I just can not take it... it's horrible. So the symptom I'm obsessing about now is that when the lights flicker, I get absolutely FREAKED OUT because I have read that if your vision goes dark for a second it could be a brain aneurysm or something. I'm pretty sure it's just the lights in my house flickering but sometimes it goes dim for a bit longer like a second, or flickers twice or something. I really need your help. I am eating myself away over this. I mean, if I have had a brain tumour for four months i surely would have noticed some severe symptoms by now right?

LiveAboveIt
13-04-16, 08:51
You absolutely would have more severe symptoms other than freaking out when the lights flicker in your house. I think youre going to be fine, you cant will something to happen just because youre afraid of it happening. Theres a lot of harmless stuff that happens to people that youll never hear about.

Also, if it helps.. my girlfriend gets stress migraines that have caused her to momentarily lose all vision and she is absolutely healthy and fine. Crazy stuff can happen when youre stressed.

Generally speaking.. if you have no history of that stuff and youre just scared because of something you read, its 100% anxiety. Things dont just happen because you gain awareness about them.

These are just more tricks that the anxiety is playing on you. Stay positive!

710ras
13-04-16, 09:45
Thank you so much. Tonight since I posted this I have been having a panic attack and it is now almost 5 in the morning but I think I can finally get some sleep. I just can't handle all this shit, these symptoms mostly popping up AFTER I found out about them. I'm just sitting here crying certain I'm going to die. But deep down I think I know im okay.

LiveAboveIt
13-04-16, 16:27
Just do your best to see it for what it is. We are all capable of seeing truth if we look for it and drop the fear for a moment. The symptoms started after you read about it, what does the logical side of your brain think about that?

You are not sick, you just have anxiety. Reading about something and developing symptoms is a classic health anxiety symptom.

markus674
16-04-16, 17:51
I have also had that for a while, and I don't think it's anything to worry about. It only seems to happen in certain situations with certain types of lights or computer screens sometimes, mainly in my peripheral vision. I've seen doctors and an opthamologist, and none of them were concerned by it. I wouldn't worry.

PanchoGoz
16-04-16, 18:54
I would be more worried about getting your electrics checked if I were you, sounds like you have a dodgy connection somewhere that's causing your lights to flicker, unless it's stormy where you are.