PDA

View Full Version : worried about possible pheochromocytoma

scorpion91
13-04-16, 03:54
I'm unsure if anyone hear on this forum, had ever been worried about pheochromocytoma but I have felt strongly like I have it. Here are some my symptoms:
*random blood pressure elevations/shifts
*hypertension feeling
*low blood pressure feeling
*palpitations which result in tachycardia episodes lasting 5-6 minutes at times.
* brain fog
*body heat/hot flashes
*neck tightness on right side of neck. tightness of right side neck veins(juglar or cartoid, I'm unsure.
*increased panic/anxiety

I'm currently on 2x/.5 Klonopin and 45mg mirtazpine. It somewhat helps out but I feel during the mid afternoon to early evening is where these anxiety "episodes" occur the most.

I'm unsure what are the risk factors for pheochromocytoma. I'm 24 myself, I don't drink everyday. I stopped smoking weed since November. I'm slim but I do have some muscle. I try to exercise at least once a week.

Major health problems in my family:
diabetes(my mom has it, my paternal grandmother had it, my maternal grandfather had it, my sister is pre-diabetic).
hypertension(my dad has it, my paternal grandmother had it).
stroke(my uncle on my dad's side had it)
PTSD(my dad has it) plus my dad has been insisting for a while that he had exposure to Agent Orange during his Vietnam War service and I'm somewhat been basing that some of my symptoms and other things that have been ailing for years are connected to Agent Orange.

mnaha
13-04-16, 05:40
I'm unsure if anyone hear on this forum, had ever been worried about pheochromocytoma but I have felt strongly like I have it. Here are some my symptoms:
*random blood pressure elevations/shifts
*hypertension feeling
*low blood pressure feeling
*palpitations which result in tachycardia episodes lasting 5-6 minutes at times.
* brain fog
*body heat/hot flashes
*neck tightness on right side of neck. tightness of right side neck veins(juglar or cartoid, I'm unsure.
*increased panic/anxiety

I'm currently on 2x/.5 Klonopin and 45mg mirtazpine. It somewhat helps out but I feel during the mid afternoon to early evening is where these anxiety "episodes" occur the most.

I'm unsure what are the risk factors for pheochromocytoma. I'm 24 myself, I don't drink everyday. I stopped smoking weed since November. I'm slim but I do have some muscle. I try to exercise at least once a week.

Major health problems in my family:
diabetes(my mom has it, my paternal grandmother had it, my maternal grandfather had it, my sister is pre-diabetic).
hypertension(my dad has it, my paternal grandmother had it).
stroke(my uncle on my dad's side had it)
PTSD(my dad has it) plus my dad has been insisting for a while that he had exposure to Agent Orange during his Vietnam War service and I'm somewhat been basing that some of my symptoms and other things that have been ailing for years are connected to Agent Orange.

Sorry to say that no one on here can tell you if you have that nor can a doctor. You have to take eight vials of blood and a 24 hour urine test and that has to be checked by a qualified endocrinologist. That is the only way . Also they may have you do a dextrose test as well .

I don't think that I spelled that correctly but they thought that I might have that since I have a mass on my adrenal gland but I didn't so the best thing to do is have it tested asap if you can and don't linger around if you even suspect you have this as it can be not very nice..Also I don't think that diabetes contributes to it but I don't know but if you have a family member that has some kind of adrenal problem then you might have it but its very very rare. Hope you feel better soon take care.

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

Also forgot to mention you would have a panic attack longer than 5 to 6 minutes. The pheo gives you panic from 30 minutes to hours and doesn't stop. So I would think its pretty safe to assume that what you have is anxiety but if you have any clue as to thinking you have pheo find and doctor that will have you tested , not just a physical i mean the test that i told you here. Its the only way . take care.