PDA

View Full Version : Update - Possible epilepsy

Arietis
13-04-16, 09:38
Hi all,

I have been absent for a couple of months as I thought I was past what happened to me in Jan, some of you may remember I had a suspected seizure but all the docs ruled it out and said it was some kind of presynope/faint/blood pressure drop. They referred me for an MRI and an EEG to be on the safe side, the MRI was clear thank god and I am booked in for the EEG on April 27th.

However, just as my life was getting back on track and my anxiety settling down, around 7am on the 9th April I woke from sleep gasping for breath, unable to breathe. I managed to open my eyes and mouth "help me" to my boyfriend sleeping next to me before I blacked out. Next thing I know I woke up with him and 3 paramedics stood over me, with an ECG stuck to my chest and I burst into tears.

According to my boyfriend, after I managed to wake him I blacked out and shook violently for 2-3mins, arms tucked up to my chest, eyes closed. I was gasping to breathe the whole time. Once the shaking stopped, I started to breathe again and seemed to be in a deep sleep for about 8 mins before I came round. During this time I apparently responded to some basic questions from the Paramedics like, "whats your name?" "Do you know where you are?" and I managed to say my name and that I was at my boyfriends house but some other questions I didnt reply to at all.

Rushed to A&E they repeated the ECG over and over as my heart readings were slightly off. By the time they got me to hospital it was back to normal on the ECG. Blood test done in hospital showed low Phosphates and they kept me in overnight for a 12 hour infusion of phosphate via drip.

I was discharged the next morning with the diagnosis of a "grand mal seizure" and told to wait for my EEG and follow up with Neurology afterwards.... But I am so scared... I had just started to get over what happened in Jan, telling myself it wasnt a seizure and because my MRI was clear I was fine..... I don't want Epilepsy :(