PDA

View Full Version : Vulva question's need advice

KatiePink
13-04-16, 12:00
Ok so this is going to be TMI but i need to to explain what's going on, i've never had any issues down there but nothing is out of reach of my HA i suppose.

Over the last week or so i've been getting numbness on one side(right) of my vulva from the top down to the bum cheek, i mean i can still feel it but the sensation on that side is noticeably less than the other. It also feels a bit more 'puffy' to me but not sure if it's always been that way.
Also when i use a mirror to look my labia minora ect are more red than my usual pink colour, i don't have any pain/itching but i just feel like it's a bit inflamed.

Another thing i noticed last night was just below the vagina about an inch, i can feel a slight bump/swelling to the left side, although i cant really see anything with the mirror i can definitely feel it.

I know i should see my GP if concerned but the thought of doing that's just giving me anxiety, i don't like going to the doctors as it is but for something like this :doh:

Just don't know if i'm being anxious and looking in to everything too much or if there's really a problem

Worried1234
13-04-16, 21:22
Hi Katie-sounds like you may have a spot or something down there. If it doesn't get better over the next day or so just pop to the GP and check there's no infection that needs clearing up.

Definitely doesn't sound like anything sinister though so don't stress!

Xx

KatiePink
13-04-16, 21:47
Hi Katie-sounds like you may have a spot or something down there. If it doesn't get better over the next day or so just pop to the GP and check there's no infection that needs clearing up.

Definitely doesn't sound like anything sinister though so don't stress!

Xx

Thankyou! Yep i'm going to leave it a few days see if anything changes first as i really don't want to go there for them to say it's a spot or something silly :doh:

Worried1234
13-04-16, 22:02
My a*** used to go numb all the time when I worked (currently on mat leave). You should try getting up as often as you can and see if that helps

I had pain in my coccyx for AGES which I thought was coccyx cancer or a tumour of the spine (writing this makes me realise how dumb that sounds btw) but it has gone now I'm not on it 24/7 and I'm still here :)

KatiePink
13-04-16, 22:56
Thats made me feel better, this numbness has had me fearing cauda equina syndrome, its a numbness and tingling but only notice it after sitting down, i will try stay active more see if that helps x

I also have a sore tailbone to touch sometimes x

ana
14-04-16, 20:12
It sounds like it could be a spot of sorts, but it could also potentially be muscle-related. If you're sitting down in a way that puts pressure or causes discomfort to the area, that could explain the numbness. However, if you're really concerned, and if the sensation persists, see your GP (as scary as it is), just to be on the safe side. :)

KatiePink
14-04-16, 21:56
I have an appointment on Tuesday so decided to mention it to them and just be honest and say it's causing me to worry, let them do the investigating instead of me lol

ana
15-04-16, 12:03
That's a good idea. I'm sure it'll go well. :)
Good luck on Tuesday, and try to stay calm.

Hopefull4567
19-11-21, 14:39
Hi did u resolve this after what was it