PDA

View Full Version : Still the same even though on PPI's for 4 weeks now!

Kay8010
13-04-16, 15:44
Hi again all!

I am at my wits end........feel like pulling my throat out!

You will see my posts on here that I am having terrible trouble with my throat, been going on for about nearly 3.5 months.

My GP diagnosed me with Reflux and prescribed Omperazole for me this was about 4 weeks ago, my throat has not changed it still stings, feels tight & I feel choked, feels like there is a dangly bit of skin when I swallow (on & off), when I breathe it feels sharp & hard hitting in my throat (similar to when you have a hole in your back tooth & that sharp feeling).

GP did not want to refer me to ENT as she said I have anxiety so I went privately. They did a scope from my nose to my throat, examined my voicebox & throat all the way down to the entrance of my gullet (esophagus), found little inflammation in my throat & mucus pooling by my voicebox which was associated with GORD. Since then it feels like the entrance of my throat when I eat is as tiny as a polo mint, feels like food is getting stuck but not sure if this is the case or this is my mind!!!

I have had full bloods about 5 weeks ago which was normal & a chest x-ray in January which was normal.

My questions are

~ If I had advanced or slight cancer would my bloods still be normal?
~ Does a chest x-ray look at your trachea (breathing tube)
~ Can you still reflux even with PPI & why? My thoughts are that something must be making me reflux i.e.tumor etc.....

I am so scared I have cancer of the stomach or gullet now its depressing me!
I am 35 female, ex smoker, gave up in January (when I though I had lung cancer) but then all this throat thing started thinking I had throat cancer as I was coughing alot.

If anyone can shed some light on my situation that would be appreciated.

Thanks