PDA

View Full Version : Driving me insane!

Kay8010
13-04-16, 15:45
Hi again all!

I am at my wits end........feel like pulling my throat out!

You will see my posts on here that I am having terrible trouble with my throat, been going on for about nearly 3.5 months.

My GP diagnosed me with Reflux and prescribed Omperazole for me this was about 4 weeks ago, my throat has not changed it still stings, feels tight & I feel choked, feels like there is a dangly bit of skin when I swallow (on & off), when I breathe it feels sharp & hard hitting in my throat (similar to when you have a hole in your back tooth & that sharp feeling).

GP did not want to refer me to ENT as she said I have anxiety so I went privately. They did a scope from my nose to my throat, examined my voicebox & throat all the way down to the entrance of my gullet (esophagus), found little inflammation in my throat & mucus pooling by my voicebox which was associated with GORD. Since then it feels like the entrance of my throat when I eat is as tiny as a polo mint, feels like food is getting stuck but not sure if this is the case or this is my mind!!!

I have had full bloods about 5 weeks ago which was normal & a chest x-ray in January which was normal.

My questions are

~ If I had advanced or slight cancer would my bloods still be normal?
~ Does a chest x-ray look at your trachea (breathing tube)
~ Can you still reflux even with PPI & why? My thoughts are that something must be making me reflux i.e.tumor etc.....

I am so scared I have cancer of the stomach or gullet now its depressing me!
I am 35 female, ex smoker, gave up in January (when I though I had lung cancer) but then all this throat thing started thinking I had throat cancer as I was coughing alot.

If anyone can shed some light on my situation that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fishmanpa
13-04-16, 16:27
I've responded on your other threads and will just say to go back and read what I said. Whether you choose to believe it is up to you.

To answer your questions:

Q: If I had advanced or slight cancer would my bloods still be normal?
A: Yes and No. Depends on the type of cancer. That being said, there are certain markers and readings that would indicate something amiss and warrant further testing.

Q: Does a chest x-ray look at your trachea (breathing tube)
A: Depending on the image taken, a chest x-ray may encompass the neck area.

Q:Can you still reflux even with PPI & why? My thoughts are that something must be making me reflux i.e.tumor etc.....
A: ABSOLUTELY! Both my wife and I have reflux. We take a PPI. We still get breakthrough reflux occasionally and about 80% of the time it's due to eating something that 1. aggravates our stomach and 2. eat too late in the evening.

You have anxiety. Anxiety plays havoc on your body and especially your stomach and digestive tract.

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

Superworrier
13-04-16, 18:30
Hi I have acid reflux have done for years and to take Omeprazole .

I can't offer any more advice or reasurence than Fishmanpa has given because he covers all basis .

I still have reflux if I eat late at night ir sometimes if I lay too flat in bed .
Inhave more pillows on my side than my husband so I am slightly propped up he works away a lot and then I tend to take over the whole bed .
That's when I normally have problems becsuse I lay on my front .

The throat sensation you decribe is pretty classic .
I also have a small hiatal hernia and that doesn't help .

Try mint tea I swear by it and don't eat late at night or before bed .