PDA

View Full Version : Tachycardia with diagnosis as stress?

ankietyjoe
13-04-16, 17:46
Hey

In the last two years I've had to go to A&E twice with unexplained tachycardia. In both cases my heart rate was around 120bpm and stayed there for several hours.

In both cases I had bloods and ECGs done which always come back clear.

First time was just after I had a bad chest infection, this time I've had a minor infection (which had apparently cleared by the time I was in A&E 2 days ago) and in both cases I have been under an enormous amount of stress.

The Dr's I have spoken to have no real explanation for it other than prolonged stress combined with infection has pushed me over the edge physiologically.

I've been flat on my back the last couple of days. When this happens I seem to suffer from a psychological hangover. I'm struggling with constant high heart rate now (80-90bpm which rises if I walk about/eat etc). I know it'll take a little while for my heart rate to go down again because a hospital visit is always a shock to the system, but it's frustrating nevertheless.

I'm finding it tricky to accept that a relatively high 'resting' heart rate isn't dangerous at all. Good old obsessive checking has reared its ugly head.

But anyway, has anybody else seen the Dr about tachycardia that stayed a while and been told it's just due to stress?