PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Blue "Lightning Strikes" in Vision?

worriednow22
13-04-16, 18:46
Hi,

I have noticing now for many months I have a problem. Whenever I take a bath this happens. It's when I go to lay down in the tub. Right in the middle of laying down (halfway) I get blue "electricity" in my vision. Like, almost like a flash of solid blue. It looks light lightning bolts though.

It has only happened in the bath tub and when I go to lay down while looking behind me. So basically, the laying down motion while looking behind me triggers this. I just assumed it had something to do with the water being hot and my body adjusting to the temp etc. This all started maybe a few months ago and happens like 50% of the time when I take a bath. The thing is, it only happens once. I can't make it happen again after it happens. So I think it has something to do with the tempature change maybe? It's kinda scary though. It's like my vision gets zapped and the blue bolts take over. My vision nearly goes solid blue just for a split second. What do you guys think?

countrygirl
13-04-16, 20:04
It does not sound like anything worrying or anything really wrong with your vision. Loads of boring things like sudden low blood pressure from the hot water to sudden movement of your eyes could account for it. Are your eyes open or shut when it happens?

Even something really daft like happened to my husband. He was getting worried because every single morning when he was eating his breakfast he would see flashes of light in his vision. It took ages for him to work out that the ceiling lights were reflecting off his bald head and the flashes was this bouncing on the kitchen walls:D:D:D

Is there anything at all in the bathroom that is blue- because if so then it could be when you are in a particular position you are also getting a reflection like my husband did. He was so glad he didn't go to the Dr because he would have felt a right twit:winks:

worriednow22
18-04-16, 15:32
It does not sound like anything worrying or anything really wrong with your vision. Loads of boring things like sudden low blood pressure from the hot water to sudden movement of your eyes could account for it. Are your eyes open or shut when it happens?

Even something really daft like happened to my husband. He was getting worried because every single morning when he was eating his breakfast he would see flashes of light in his vision. It took ages for him to work out that the ceiling lights were reflecting off his bald head and the flashes was this bouncing on the kitchen walls:D:D:D

Is there anything at all in the bathroom that is blue- because if so then it could be when you are in a particular position you are also getting a reflection like my husband did. He was so glad he didn't go to the Dr because he would have felt a right twit:winks:

Thanks. LOL. It is nothing like that. This is inside my vision for sure. It only happens when I take a bath. I am assuming it has something to do with the temp change in my body?

Josh1234
18-04-16, 17:06
I have been getting lightning bolts for close to 15 years.

Annoyed
18-04-16, 17:10
Thanks. LOL. It is nothing like that. This is inside my vision for sure. It only happens when I take a bath. I am assuming it has something to do with the temp change in my body?

I have no idea what you are talking about, but I'm going to go try it. :whistles:

Just sounds like something that happens. I don't usually question things with vision. Like because right now if I close my eyes I'm seeing neon flashes of light that look like squiggles. It just seems to be what eyes do. Idk.