PDA

View Full Version : I'm really struggling, I think it's making me ill too :(

Toby2000
14-04-16, 04:52
This basically explains my situation right now: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=182647

I'm just making this post because I'm in desperate need of help or something because my next CAMHS appointment isn't for ages and this worry is making me sick, literally. I'm sat here writing this at 4 am in the morning, I'm crying and I can't sleep, my neck feels stiff from tension. I've even woken my mum up to tell her how I'm feeling and she sympathizes with me but she can't really do anything. I have my science GCSEs next month I can't concentrate enough to revise, this is all that's on my mind, all the time. It's giving me a nervous stomach a lot of the time and I don't enjoy eating as much and I'm drinking more because I get dehydrated very easily now.. this worry is literally killing me and I don't know what to do about it. Sometimes I'll just randomly start crying and I'm only 15 years old! I know deep down my mum isn't ill it's just me searching for signs of her dying and blowing them up to be 10x worse than they actually are but what I'm doing is picturing nasty scenarios like me visiting my mum in hospital or my mum crying herself to sleep because she's so upset about her "illness". I also think back to happy childhood memories with her and that makes me really upset too, like I wish I could have my old mum back who never smoked before in her life. Please help me, I'm so desperate!

Thanks for listening:weep:

---------- Post added at 04:52 ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 ----------

I just had a panic attack, I don't know what to do anymore :scared15:

Regnardgreeb
14-04-16, 09:13
That's exactly what happens, you start to analyze and come up with the absolute worst case scenario. Even how hard it is, you need to stop analyze things so much. The "what-if" thought is really dangerous and is always that feeds anxiety. I really understand it's hard, but I think the dry cough is due to your mum stopped smoking. It might take up to a half year before it starts to disappear. However, I think a visit to a doctor will ease your worries For both you and your mum.

Samantha choc lover
14-04-16, 10:33
Hi Toby

I really feel for you, i just want to give you a big hug and tell you everything is going to be OK!!!!. I have a 15 year old son and it would break my heart if he was going through what you are, you are alot tougher than you believe. I have suffered with anxiety most of my life on and off. I know how awful and bewildered it can make us feel. I think you've worn yourself out a bit with all this worrying over your mom. I promise you that you and your mom will come through all of this together!. I think maybe you should go and see your gp and see if they can get you seen earlier by the cahms team. I really hope they can. If not just keep coming on here to chat, we all want to help as much as we can Toby. X