PDA

View Full Version : thought i was getting over lymphoma scare - was wrong

help-me
14-04-16, 04:09
hi

i tihought since my last fear i was finally getting over the scare of lymphoma, found an ew DR who was really good

long story short, new DR sent me for a follow up ultrasound for the one that raised in my neck, just to save going back he got them to do the whole neck, jaw etc

i asked radiologist is all was OK, he said all looked good except one on Right front next that "had a few spots on it" but should be nothing, he would leave for the radiologist to look at and write the report

now im super worries again!, are "small spots" something to worry about?

Toby2000
14-04-16, 04:12
Trust your doctor. If he says that they "should be nothing" then take reassurance from that. I know it may be hard, but you can do it.

help-me
15-04-16, 01:31
well ultrasound came back and the radiologist wants an FNA now!

now im super scared!!!!

node grew a little from 15mm to 19mm in 4 weeks

surely there are many other reasons?

im not getting any other symptoms for lymphoma

Fishmanpa
15-04-16, 02:26
Been there done that! Yes, there are many benign reasons why this could happen but your doctor is being a good doctor in following up. I know how scary it is but you can only take it one step at a time. A FNAB is the definitive test. It's good you have a doctor that pays attention to detail and leaves no stone unturned. One step at a time :) Keep us in the loop.

Positive thoughts

help-me
15-04-16, 04:53
Been there done that!

when you say been there done that, do you mean that you got to that point also and it was nothing?

Im trying to calm myself down about it, but its hard!