PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else get this?

LiziJenks
14-04-16, 20:09
Hi,

This week I have been having headaches that feel like my muscles in my head are so tense sometimes it feels like I can't carry my own head! It's generally at the back of my head and feels a constant dull pain. I have also been getting twitches everyone, all through the day! I'm scared this could be some img serious I read twitches can be like mini seizures?

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated to calm me down abit!

Lizi

countrygirl
14-04-16, 20:42
You are perfectly describing the symptoms of tension headaches that are due to your neck muscles being tense, this can also cause facial twitching as well. Sound familiar?
I have a very damaged neck and my muscles are in spasm all the time and I get a whole list of symptomes including the feeling as if I am wearing a tight hat and awful facial twitching. I have had this for 20 years at least in varying degrees and its def not anything neuro.

Cariad1
14-04-16, 20:56
Yes yes yes!

They were a great source of anxiety for me last year....I finally came to realise they are tension headaches, mine being caused by long hours working at a computer and poor posture which I'm working on correcting.

I have actually had a tension headache all this week, rubbing the bank of my neck and temples gives a little relief I find.

They really at the pits though and can go on for ages!

KatiePink
14-04-16, 21:54
Me!

been referred to physiotherapy, put mine down to poor posture at computer desk and stress, neck muscles always tense, aches and pains at base of skull, neck pain, heavy head feeling all sorts

helenhoo
14-04-16, 21:55
Yup tension stress headaches.

LiziJenks
15-04-16, 08:30
Thanks guys! It's still here today but feel a lot better with your reassurance x