PDA

View Full Version : Eustachian tube dysfunction

elodrumm
15-04-16, 10:56
Hi there!
Has anyone had this before? I had an ear infection last week & the doctor said it has cleared up but now I seem to have blocked Eustachian tubes. It's driving me crazy and making me really anxious. There's a constant humming in my ear that's making me feel dizzy. My husband thinks I'm just focusing on it too much but it's impossible not to. I'm just so tired of not feeling right.
Please somebody tell me this will go away:(
Thanks for reading

jobber
15-04-16, 15:38
In my case, it can take up to a month for the tube to get back to normal after an infection. It takes some time for all the fluid to drain.

Give it some time.

cattia
15-04-16, 19:17
I had this recently and wrote a few threads on it. Honestly, it drove me nuts, I felt so incredibly spaced out and my anxiety was absolutely through the roof. I felt really dizzy and light headed and in the end I couldn't tell what was the anxiety and what was the ear problem. Mine was blocked for almost two weeks and then it started to clear. For a few days it would clear then block up again but it did eventually go. I have had this happen twice this year having never had it before in my life. I think it never properly cleared up the first time.

countrygirl
15-04-16, 19:52
My husband gets blocked tube that makes him go deaf and the only thing that clears it is using steroid nasal spray for 4 weeks.
If it does not clear in a week or so then go back to your Dr.

Nicholebear
16-04-16, 06:02
Had the same problem after an ear infection in January from a terrible cold (flu?). Kept hearing whooshing in my ear. Cleared up completely after three weeks but boy it was scary. When you google "whooshing in ear" the first thing that pops up is pulsate tinnitus, that can signal a circulatory issue or even a pseudo tumor. However, mine turned out to be something very simple. It will go away, just give it time. I found that pinching my nose and popping my ears helped temporarily relieve the sound

elodrumm
16-04-16, 10:03
Thank you all for your replies. Cattia, that's exactly how I feel at the moment I don't know whether my ear is actually causing the dizzy feeling or it's my anxiety. Saying that I took a Xanax this morning & I feel a lot better!! My doc gave me beconase to use for two weeks and I'm not even a week on it so I suppose I need to give it time. Honestly I've worried about all kinds of cancers & diseases but this is the worst yet!!!! :D Thanks everyone for your help x

cosmiccori
30-05-16, 13:02
Nice to know I'm not on my own.I keep getting blocked ears so I have been getting them washed out by the nurse as it was from wax.It all started around back end of last year.I've never in my life had any blocked ears or anything not even stuffyness in them or a pressure in them.I went to see nurse last week because the symptoms were coming on again that stuffy heavy feeling in my ears my left ear was bit blocked and she said nothing in my ear it's just clear of wax.she says it maybe an allergy so decongest could help .So I'm thinking I must have a problem with my middle ear which is called the eustachian tubes.I keep getting my left ear blocking then when I habg my head forwards and a bit to the left side I can hear again so then I lift my head back upright then after few mins it comes on again so I keep doing this and hang it longer.When it blocks it feels like I can hear myself breathing through my ear.And my voice is in my wn head,which I've experienced before when wax built up in my ears not pleasant.I do have crohnes desiese have had it over 10 years now I have azathioprine tablets for it with my meals twice daily then I have buscopans tablets and zinc tablets and also have ensure plus build up drinks which have vitamins in.I am under size 10 and I'm probly just under a size 8 in clothes.I am natural slim and petite build but realy for 5 ft 4 inches I should be about a size 10 to be healthy.I cannot put weight on I have high metobalisum too.I do have teeth problems well I have for years been phobic of dentist so I need wisdom teeth out and I've got gum desiese so I use corsodyl to keep it at bay till I get up to the hospital and get them out.I don't know what my ear problems are linked too.I guess it could be my teeth.I'm on low fibre diet and I'm not allowed to eat fibre s in wholemeal food or skin pips seeds not even a tin of baked beans.I do eat a big dinner at night even though it's not realy what I want to be eating but I also eat crumpets with jam for breakfast.I'm having ready meals which r rubbish and can't be healthy because there's not much to eat.I'm lucky I can eat so I'm not complaining.Does anyone have an idea why my ears keep blocking up obviously past its because my ears are full of wax but recently no wax there.hope you can help me .Its good I'm not on my own with this problem cause it can freak me out hearing my own breathing it's claustrophobic.Hope everyone gets help.