PDA

View Full Version : Headspace, what's your opinion?

helenhoo
15-04-16, 11:19
I used to use this app called headspace. To help achieve mindfulness and it's designed for those with mental health issues. I enjoyed it so re downloaded it. Wondered if anyone else has used it?

elodrumm
15-04-16, 11:30
Hi there
I have used that before & found it quite good when I'm on the go, although I think you might have to pay for the full version?
I also listen to a podcast called The meditation Podcast. I find it amazing. There is an episode called 'calming the body' that never fails to calm me down:)

MyNameIsTerry
15-04-16, 11:40
Check out the thread in my signature for some free Mindfulness downloads and a free online 8 week MBSR course. The Mark Williams ones are from one of his books.

dizzy daisy
16-04-16, 14:04
I haven't tried headspace but a colleague says she finds it really useful. I have tried mindfulness though and you have to remember it's something you just learn to do each day. I find mindfulness helped me quite a lot. Xx

MyNameIsTerry
17-04-16, 05:36
I haven't tried headspace but a colleague says she finds it really useful. I have tried mindfulness though and you have to remember it's something you just learn to do each day. I find mindfulness helped me quite a lot. Xx

Yes, it's referred to as a life skill by professor Mark Williams in his book.

I found when I took a break, things did worsen after a while and I'm not the only person on here who has said that either. CBT is like that too, if you don't stop yourself slipping into unhealthy behaviours, you can reactivate old negative thinking. Similar principles really - live healthy.