PDA

View Full Version : Chest cold - bronchitis/pneumonia?

AnxietyGurl
15-04-16, 12:43
I've been coughing for about a week. I'm not sure if it's a cold or allergies. Last night I started to get a panic attack because I felt like I was having trouble taking deep breaths. My husband said that's common from all the coughing I was doing. I slept ok. I still feel like my breathing is a little different. Almost like its misty in my upper chest. I have no fever and not really any other symptoms. My insurance is awful so I would like to avoid going to the dr. Any ideas what this is and how to help? My husband said once my coughing stops it will probably feel better.

Linei
15-04-16, 16:45
My husband had pneumonia around the holidays and it's no joke, he had fever for 5 days, couldn't eat, coughed constantly, he finally went to the Dr and got antibiotics for it. You might have a upper respiratory infection, if you don't have fever I wouldn't worry about it, should go away on it's own.

AnxietyGurl
15-04-16, 18:57
Thanks for your reply. I actually went to the dr as I had a slight fever. I do have a bronchial infection and she prescribed me antibiotics. She also took an X-ray and my lungs are clear.

bartin
16-04-16, 10:52
If your lungs are clear then obviously you don't have pneumonia. Bronchitis is usually viral, not bacterial and antibiotics act only on bacteria...Bronchitis may need few weaks to clear...
http://www.ehealthstar.com/conditions/pneumonia/vs-bronchitis