PDA

View Full Version : Why am I doing this

Itsonlyme26
15-04-16, 21:39
I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but I'll go ahead and do it anyway , if it's not then I'm sorry. For quiet a while now I've been going on Facebook messaging people I don't even know , I make myself look and sound much cooler then I actually am. I've even talked long enough to people for them to think they're making a real friend but deep down I think it's funny that I'm just going to cut them off and block them from ever contacting me again. I have two Facebook accounts which have two different sets of friends. I opened the second account so I can talk to people without them knowing my real identity which is just weird , I know that , but I don't know why I do this. It's like an urge. I'm starting to forget who I am and what's real...what's wrong with me

gatsby12
15-04-16, 21:57
1) Facebook is a popularity contest
2) People use Facebook to mask their depression by showing "how happy their life is!!!!!" when its really the opposite.
3) Social media to its core is all the same.

Judging from your avatar and name I can draw somewhat of a conclusion that you are unhappy with your overall life and Facebook is dominating it. You might wanna ditch Facebook because it really is the creepiest thing on the planet and really doesnt do anything for you in the long run except fuel your depression and anxiety.

Thats my two cents atleast.

Itsonlyme26
15-04-16, 21:59
My avator was and is a joke. Everyone comments on it for some reason ? Lol so you don't think there's anything wrong with me ? I don't have any friends so I suppose this is my way of trying to connect ? I have quit Facebook once for 30 days but felt so alone

Samantha choc lover
15-04-16, 23:19
Hi there

I imagine there are other people that go on facebook with fake profiles ect. Maybe you could join a club of some sort, or maybe volunteer somewhere. If you work maybe you could meet up with work mates afterwork? X

gatsby12
15-04-16, 23:41
My avator was and is a joke. Everyone comments on it for some reason ? Lol so you don't think there's anything wrong with me ? I don't have any friends so I suppose this is my way of trying to connect ? I have quit Facebook once for 30 days but felt so alone

No, there isnt anything from what I can see here that tells me there is something wrong. Who knows, i could be wrong and you could be an axe murderer? But in all seriousness you seem just very lonely and this is the only way you connect to other people. Its pretty well documented that people who leave social media tend to withdraw from it. I did too when I decided to remove it from my life but that was for different reasons and I only really felt it 6 months later.

MyNameIsTerry
16-04-16, 05:01
1) Facebook is a popularity contest
2) People use Facebook to mask their depression by showing "how happy their life is!!!!!" when its really the opposite.
3) Social media to its core is all the same.

Judging from your avatar and name I can draw somewhat of a conclusion that you are unhappy with your overall life and Facebook is dominating it. You might wanna ditch Facebook because it really is the creepiest thing on the planet and really doesnt do anything for you in the long run except fuel your depression and anxiety.

Thats my two cents atleast.

Yep, the great façade that is Facebook and Twitter. Breeding grounds for trolls and some very unpleasant & warped people too.

It's just so superficial with people taking photos of their lunch and posting it. Some people seem to document their life on it, including many celebrities. I don't know how anyone finds the time, I struggle keeping up with a forum like this!

I think someone should just be honest about it and create one called Narcassim.com :winks: (not that everyone is, I just think a lot of people are because it's call me me me me and endless selfies)

Itsonlyme26
16-04-16, 10:23
I could meet up with people from work but I usually don't like meeting up with people as I don't like people very much , I find that they use too much of my time. Which leaves me from doing what I want to do and I've had friends in the past , not close friends , it was hard work maintaining a social bond. I just find it cringe worthy when people talk about themselves , their dreams or problems because if I'm honest , I don't really care. I've tried to care but I can't force it as it doesn't come natural for me. I can't stand listening to people's points of views or opinions as mine are right because I base it on my experience , stubborn I know , plus I live my life for me not some person who probably doesn't care for me either.