PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out biggest fear

worrier 82
15-04-16, 21:54
Hello all

I had my ent appointment today for what I thought was labyrinthitis but the consultant has said he feels it's nothing to do with my ears and its neurological so sent me for mri and referred me to neurology on the form for mri he put reason as CNS lesion which good ole Google has been helping me with all day now I'm petrified this is my worst fear and I'm freaking out.

countrygirl
15-04-16, 22:10
Remember he is ticking boxes, its good that you are getting mri scan and neuro referral as this will cover all bases.

My first ever mri via ent 15 years ago showed lesions in my brain that at the time I was told could mean I developed ms at some time in the future. Repeat scans every 2 years showed nothing had increased or changed and eventually about 7 years ago they finally said that they now know that loads and loads of people have lesions on mri that mean absolutely nothing. Everything depends on location of them and mine were not in a place to indicate ms, it appears that scanning was way in advance of their knowledge.
I still don't have ms.

worrier 82
15-04-16, 22:48
Thankyou for replying country girl. I'm trying so hard to not overthink and I'm managing the odd 25 minutes or so which is good I suppose.