PDA

View Full Version : Obsession causing severe panic attacks

Abeechx
15-04-16, 23:17
I have this obsession which so far no one else in the world seems to have! I've read countless forums and searched on different websites to see if I can relate to anyone but so far only me!! I FEEL SO ALONE :-(
My obsession is with breathing and it's not that I think I'm going to run out of air or I can't breathe ..... it's the fact that I have to do it to stay alive all day everyday 24/7 and I can constantly feel my chest rising and falling and there is no escape. I dont like it and I'm scared of my own breathing I want it to stop.
I have moments when I think I just dont like this sensation! I am trapped and no one can stop it and I can't stop it.
Constantly feeling air going in and out of my body is making me have severe panic attacks!! So severe that I think of sucide as the only escape. I've had many suicidal thoughts but I don't want to do it as I have my daughter who needs me. The only reason I keep going is for her. This is causing me massive depression and I cry all day. I am seeing a cbt therapist and I don't want to take medication as I'm scared I will have to relie on that constantly as I'm always panicking. It seams like I'm scared and panicky every second of the day and I have about 10-15 attacks a day with my heart pounding and trembling. Please someone help me I'm loosing my mind over this. I just want to be happy with my baby girl. I thought it was ocd but how can it be when I'm forced to breath and have no choice. I can't do exposure response therapy when I'm constantly exposed.