PDA

View Full Version : Please help quickly!

Moondreams
16-04-16, 00:42
I am currently away on a trip with a friend and I've been trying to get to sleep for hours but can't and I'm on the verge of a really bad panic attack.

My problem is that my insides, especially on the left side of my ribs, feel swollen or something and no matter which way I lay, it feels wrong. I'm paranoid that it's a huge tumor or something or that my organs are engorged. For the last month or so I've felt a bit bloated around the ribs though it comes and goes and I've also been breathless a lot and with a bad taste in my mouth on occasion. Does this suggest anything to anyone? Could it be IBS? I have had a fair bit of stress lately. Any suggestions to put my mind at ease would be so appreciated because I need to sleep.

Carnation
16-04-16, 01:09
Hello Moondreams.

Getting to sleep can be difficult when you are worrying that something is wrong.
Firstly, I think you may have acid reflux or Ibs from the description.
The best thing to get to sleep is to strangely to do the opposite and not try.
If you are awake for quite a long time, it is best to get up, go to the loo, have a drink and then go back to bed.
Try some gentle breathing exercises through the nose only, that will calm your breathing. :)