PDA

View Full Version : Impending Heart Attack. PLEASE HELP

james1067
16-04-16, 14:40
Hello Everyone,

I have experienced a huge array of 'minor' health issues over the years. However I have taken a complete turn for the worst this year. I suffer from migraines with and without aura, fatigue, sinus arrhythmia, sinus tachycardia, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, eye floaters, tinnitus and chronic fatigue syndrome just to name a few. At one point I thought I had a Intracranial Neoplasm and thought it was all over. My biggest and most serious issue however is my heart condition. I have always experienced occasional ectopic beats and I am 100% certain I am suffering from acute heart disease. I have seen four cardiologists over the past two years and have had countless heart tests. 5x holter monitor, 2x echocardiograms with ejection fraction tests, 17 ECG's, 3x 24 hour blood pressure monitoring, 5x stress tests, 2 chest Xrays and 2 cardiac enzyme tests (for suspected cardiac arrest) at the ER. Yet all the doctors have missed my heart condition and keep telling me everything is 'normal' and to relax.

My biggest concern is that I take Ritalin for ADHD

I have read all adverse effect reports, studies, dosage guidelines and death reports for this medication. SUDDEN CARDIAC DEATH IS A SERIOUS RISK FOR THOSE WITH A SERIOUS HEART CONDITION TAKING RITALIN. However I cannot continue being successful in my life without Ritalin. I'm afraid i'm going to die of sudden cardiac arrest one day after taking my dose of Ritalin. I'm going crazy over this. All my doctors keep telling me theres nothing wrong with my heart but ive experienced ALL the symptoms of severe electrical instabilities in my heart. Even though the ultrasounds revealed a 'normal' ejection fraction (66 % and 73 %) I read those with heart disease can initially show normal ejection fractions until it progresses to advanced heart failure.

I am now regulary monitoring my blood pressure, heart rate, heart rhythm on a daily basis and particularly when I take Ritalin. Upon standing up this morning I experienced the worst ectopic beat I have ever had. It was definitely a PVC with a full compensatory pause.

Please help and advise what I should do and who should I see to get help. If I don't get treated for my heart condition i'm going to die of sudden cardiac arrest when my heart finally gives up due to the Ritalin. My heart condition is rapidly deteriorating due to increased frequency of ectopic beats. My blood pressure and heart rate went through the roof this afternoon as well (BP 167/123 and 143/112 with 167 pulse). I'm also experiencing globus hystericus which may mean the ectopic beats are now occurring continuously.

ALSO: When I was taking my last cardiac stress test, I felt and actually witnessed an actual ectopic beat (PVC) on the ECG monitor during the recovery period. It was very obvious on the monitor. I can't understand why the nurses and cardiologists ignored this.

Josh1234
16-04-16, 14:51
You need to be treated for your anxiety condition, since you dont have a heart condition.

Fishmanpa
16-04-16, 16:14
You need to be treated for your anxiety condition, since you dont have a heart condition.

I agree with this. I'm a two time heart attack survivor, triple bypass and stents. You've had more stress tests than I have!

Positive thoughts

james1067
17-04-16, 10:13
Did you experience any symptoms prior to having your heart attacks? I'm hoping it's just anxiety but I am suffering serious symptoms suggestive of heart trouble.

Fishmanpa
17-04-16, 13:58
Did you experience any symptoms prior to having your heart attacks? I'm hoping it's just anxiety but I am suffering serious symptoms suggestive of heart trouble.

Absolutely, and there was no mistaking it whatsoever.

Positive thoughts

Josh1234
17-04-16, 20:08
How can you have heart trouble when you have had a full work up done?

james1067
19-04-16, 08:06
I get occasional chest pain, attacks of sudden shortness of breath with a feeling of asphyxiation, frequent premature beats, rapid heartbeat and my heartbeat feels very slow at night time. I'm never anxious before these symptoms occur. These episodes didn't happen that badly when I was getting tested so I think they have missed my heart problem. Also the first time I was taking Lopressor which I have read and even the Holter monitor technician told me can mask heart problems. I need to be fitted with an implantable loop recorder and consult with an electrophysiologist. I can't deal with this anymore. Doctors keep turning me down and don't take me seriously. At first I thought it was anxiety but my symptoms occur EVEN IN THE ABSENCE OF ANXIETY.