PDA

View Full Version : Ovary!!

zippy
16-04-16, 15:24
My periods have been irregular for about 5 months, I've put weight on and now my left ovary area feels tender when I press in that area. Having bloods done next week for hormones and thyroid but I've googled and you know what comes up the big C. Scared it's not just hormones and it's something worse.

elodrumm
16-04-16, 16:00
Hi there
It honestly sounds more like an ovarian cyst which are very common. I went through a huge ovarian cancer obsession a few years ago as I had ovary pain around ovulation ( still do sometimes!) I had blood tests, smears and an ultrasound, turns out it was nothing! Don't worry I'm sure your bloods will be fine x

zippy
17-04-16, 12:04
But could a cyst be there for 5 months? I keep getting stabbing pains in my left ovary area.

venusbluejeans
17-04-16, 16:01
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

MyNameIsTerry
17-04-16, 16:14
But could a cyst be there for 5 months? I keep getting stabbing pains in my left ovary area.

My dad has had a cyst in his neck for over 5 years so it's possible. If a cyst is causing pain they will deal with it (my dad's wasn't hence they weren't interested, neither was he it was just his GP spotting it and wanting to check it out).

My GF has had pain from a mass around her ovary and had keyhole to remove it. It turned out it was a tumor BUT the consultant said she was born with it. So, it was 38 years before it grew to the point of causing a problem. He said people are born with this type and they probably will never know they have one until they start to grow and encroach on something else to cause pain. They are NOT cancerous though.

She had pain that meant her GP diagnosed kidney stones.

People probably haven't heard much of this one but it's just another benign issue to consider as with a cyst instead of the cancer worries.