PDA

View Full Version : I think the lymph node is gone

Annoyed
16-04-16, 15:51
A question.

If I feel the area where my lymph node is, I can't feel it with 3 fingers like the doctors do. But if I were to dig in, I can feel it. Does this mean its not enlarged?

Also... If I poke it a bunch it swells and then shrinks over a few days. Does cancer do this? I wouldn't think.

Fishmanpa
16-04-16, 16:02
Also... If I poke it a bunch it swells and then shrinks over a few days. Does cancer do this? I wouldn't think.

Question: What do I say about cancer about a dozen times a week on this forum? It's over dude... done... finite... gone.... If you continue to worry about this, it's on you ;)

Positive thoughts

Annoyed
16-04-16, 17:47
I mean. Its still probably there. Under a law of muscle. If I dig I could feel it. But I imagine if I need to dig to feel it, its not anything.

ShaunRyder
16-04-16, 18:38
I mean. Its still probably there. Under a law of muscle. If I dig I could feel it. But I imagine if I need to dig to feel it, its not anything.

Exactly! I have had the same worries of this a while back, but we can all feel pea sized lumps if we poke and prod enough as we have so many in our body and the poking and prodding will make them come up.

I know its hard with HA but try your best not to dig around! :D

Annoyed
16-04-16, 20:58
Exactly! I have had the same worries of this a while back, but we can all feel pea sized lumps if we poke and prod enough as we have so many in our body and the poking and prodding will make them come up.

I know its hard with HA but try your best not to dig around! :D

Did yours go away or did a doctor tell you to stop because we have them? Or did you overcome this on your own.

Annoyed
17-04-16, 16:08
So after a long talk with my fiancee, I think I am almost over this fear.

She told me she could feel nodes, but I didn't trust that. I thought she was trying to comfort me.

She poked one this morning and said it was about the width of her index finger and somewhat firm. Which is exactly what I have. She has multiple of them.

Shes not dead, and they've been there forever. So I hope that helps someone.

Merlin24
17-04-16, 17:23
I've been freaking out about a lymph node in my groin for around 3 months. It's completely gone down, my boyfriend can't feel it at all now. I think I've managed to get out of the habit for feeling out for it and irritating myself further. You really need to try to not poke and worry. If you had lymphoma it wouldn't of gone away/would of enlarged and you'd of had a variety of other symptoms! When I posted here about my worries fishmapas reply was enough to calm my worries and began to allow me to calm down.. It really is all in the mind!

ShaunRyder
18-04-16, 00:24
Did yours go away or did a doctor tell you to stop because we have them? Or did you overcome this on your own.

I went to the doctors and he said it was fine, he said to me to stop poking and this will make them red and swell he also said if I go looking for lumps I will find them, as we have so many lymph nodes in our bodies we are bound to come across them from time to time. It took me a while to take that advice on board but I eventually stopped poking around and stop thinking about them.

I have a pea sized lymph node under my jaw, I remember finding it when I was about 15 and was really worried I kept poking and prodding and it got bigger so I thought I thought i was ill, the doctor checked it and said it was fine and I caused the swelling, a few days of leaving it alone it went down. I am now 25 and it is still there, but it has never caused me problems, it is just a lymph node that is very prominent.

Annoyed
18-04-16, 16:30
I went to the doctors and he said it was fine, he said to me to stop poking and this will make them red and swell he also said if I go looking for lumps I will find them, as we have so many lymph nodes in our bodies we are bound to come across them from time to time. It took me a while to take that advice on board but I eventually stopped poking around and stop thinking about them.

I have a pea sized lymph node under my jaw, I remember finding it when I was about 15 and was really worried I kept poking and prodding and it got bigger so I thought I thought i was ill, the doctor checked it and said it was fine and I caused the swelling, a few days of leaving it alone it went down. I am now 25 and it is still there, but it has never caused me problems, it is just a lymph node that is very prominent.

Did the doctor say anything about Lymphoma nodes? My doctor said they get huge.

My node is kind of shrunken again. I can make it swell if I go poking at it.

ShaunRyder
18-04-16, 16:57
Did the doctor say anything about Lymphoma nodes? My doctor said they get huge.

My node is kind of shrunken again. I can make it swell if I go poking at it.

Yes he said it would keep getting bigger and bigger, could go to the size of a golf ball, he said even then it does not mean it is cancer.

Plus you just said your node has shrunk, a cancerous lymph node would just continue to get bigger and bigger and not go down, I bet if you left it few days( I knows it hard) you would hardly be able to feel it. When you feel like you want to poke or feel it, try and do something constructive to take your mind off of it :yesyes:

Annoyed
18-04-16, 17:07
Yes he said it would keep getting bigger and bigger, could go to the size of a golf ball, he said even then it does not mean it is cancer.

Plus you just said your node has shrunk, a cancerous lymph node would just continue to get bigger and bigger and not go down, I bet if you left it few days( I knows it hard) you would hardly be able to feel it. When you feel like you want to poke or feel it, try and do something constructive to take your mind off of it :yesyes:

I'm actually on two days of no poking :yesyes:

Its really hard, as I do have OCD. I went 7 days without poking it once. On the 7th day I dug one finger in to prove that it disappeared. It was the size of a half a grain of rice.

Guess what... next day it was huge again. Even rubbing the shoulder.

But yea, I heard the same things from doctors. Golf balls and multiple nodes.