PDA

View Full Version : Physical pain, anyone understand this problem ?

myself
08-03-07, 00:01
Hey, big wide world out there.

I have, I am afraid, been out of it for a while now, not connecting to anything so apologise for being quite for a month or two. Just been a little lost.

Posting this in the hope someone can point me in the right direction now.

Briefly ........

I have ptsd as a result of a car accident 30 months ago, and have been getting treatment, and started to get a bit “brighter”.

However.............

Since early last summer I started getting pains in feet and legs, and tiredness, with aching, warm and swollen joints. Worked thro pain till it got too bad and have been on the sick for over 4 months now.

My feet hurt, they feel like I am walking on pebbles, as does most of my body at varios times, cannot even press a light switch without some pain. Also feel wobbly on my feet, legs feel like I have put on a lot of weight, they struggle with carrying me (only a little over weight tho).

GP isn’t willing to label me with anything but has tested me for just about anything from arthritis (mild in neck but not enough for the whole body pain experience) to vitamin deficiency, all test showing “normal”, which is good except that doesn’t explain my problems.

Now various people / experts say maybe Fibromyalgia, ME or Somatoform pain syndrom. Looking up the first two they don’t seem right, maybe the third, who knows !!!!!

Anyway, all agree the pain etc is “probably” caused by the stress of the ptsd but all my efforts to relate the two by web searches are failing. Hence my posting this as I know there are so many ptsd sufferers with more understanding than a host of so called experts. Does anyone at all identify with these often severe aches and pains, anyone know what to treat it with, have tried all sorts including changing meds, acupuncture and vitamins, plus Omega 3 supplements, just so cheesed of, want to get back to work but even typing this has generated so much pain ……………… Help and advice greatly appreciated

myself

raphael
08-03-07, 09:26
hi i fell down the stairs and hurt my coccyx. i became low and suddenly my knees and elbows and my legs ache. i have this before when i worried over my wrist. i am so low at the moment with not being able to sit down and having these other pains on top i am fast loosing the fight.

I am gong to a pain clinic for my coccyx 2morrow. but i wont mention the rest.

there is a new anti depressant out called cymbalta which is for the physical symptoms of anxiety depression when the manifest as pain.

there is a website cymbalta.com give it a go i would be interested in what u think

x

myself
09-03-07, 14:43
Hi Raphael.
My thanks for your response. I had a look at the ,web site and found it very interesting in deed, such that when I visited the trauma clinic I mentioned Cymbalta and it was agreed that if after another month on my present meds (Efexor) there is no improvement then I will lower the dose I am on slowly then switch to Cymbalta. I will let you know how I get on.
I do hope that you have got on ok today at the pain clinic, my feeling is that any improvement to one pain area can actually improve the other pains, but maybe it would be worth you mentioning "the rest" so the clinic can deal with all in one go. I am currently having having accupuncture to lessen the whole body picture, tho its not helping a great deal at the moment.
Thanks again for the suggestion and take care
myself

raphael
09-03-07, 14:56
Hi

i really hope that if u try cymbalta it will work.

went to pain clinic i am having a anesthetic injection next friday into my coccyx very very scared.

i do believe my joint aches are my anxiety and now depression i will c my doc on monday and let u know

i pray the injection works

x

myself
10-03-07, 12:02
Hi
I wish you well at the docs on Monday and extend my hopes that the injection next Friday works fro you.
In the meantime, have a nice weekend and take care
myself

raphael
13-03-07, 11:16
Thank u

I chickened out of injection but am seeing chiro who has had experience of coccyx injurys.

went 2 docs 2day and i am starting cymbalta as we speak bit worried

x

Paddington
13-03-07, 11:28
cant give any advice as such,tho i do believe in aromatherapy massage and reiki healing if you fancy trying them!]Just wanted to send my love and hope you both feel better really soon.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX