PDA

View Full Version : Severe anxiety, cant seem to cope.

LiveAboveIt
17-04-16, 02:48
For the last two weeks it feels like Ive been in an anxiety tornado. Constant obsessive racing thoughts about how I feel that dont seem to slow down or feel less intense regardless of how I try to distract myself.

I cant seem to just come to terms and accept it as anxiety because my thoughts are just going crazy and I cant seem to catch a break.

Is it because I am unable to think my way out of this or is it just severe anxiety that will pass?

I keep trying to tell myself that my thoughts dont matter and try to ignore the constant anxious thoughts, but they always seem to break right through. Its like I have no control over this anxiety like I have in the past.

Im not on any medication and Im about 22 days off of Citalopram, so it may be due to withdrawals. Really trying to do this without meds, but Ive never had constant unbreakable anxiety like this before, not sure what to do.

mnaha
17-04-16, 04:05
I have been going through some thoughts like that myself and one time years ago I had a similar experience. I was seeing a psychiatrist at the time and he told me to just say to yourself its only a feeling and it will go away . Just keep saying it over and over in your mind and it has worked for me in the past. Just thought I would mention it to you. Not sure it will help but hope you feel better soon.

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

Also forgot mention, I was terrified that I was going crazy , he told me . go ahead and go crazy . So what.. I was shocked and he just laughed and said people that worry about going crazy aren't going crazy nor could they because people that are going crazy or they are crazy don't know or care if they are. Anyway once again for what its worth.