PDA

View Full Version : Unexplained Weight Loss

Always Trying
17-04-16, 04:00
Hello,

I have OCD and have really been struggling with health anxiety this last few weeks.

I had a baby 9 weeks ago who had some significant issues at birth an though he is seemingly ok now, I think that's what started it off for me.

I've had some fears about bowel cancer, which I saw the doctor about. She asked me if I'd had any weight loss and I hadn't at that stage (this was almost a week ago now).

I got on the scales this morning and I've lost around 3kg in about 1.5 weeks.

How concerned should I be? During that time I've been very anxious and not eating quite as much as normal, but that amount of weight loss seems excessive for just anxiety?! Has anyone else experienced this?

mnaha
17-04-16, 04:08
Shouldn't worry at all, perfectly normal. Anxiety causing it and probably depression and change of eating habits sometimes even in the slightest can do this. I wouldn't worry about it right now I think its just anxiety ,and I am not a medical professional so if it persist by all means go back to the doctor but for now I think its pretty normal . Feel better soon. :)

Fishmanpa
17-04-16, 04:54
That's 3.5 pounds. Not unusual based on what you said. Your body is going through major changes too. And heck, I've lost that much after a good sit on the loo ~lol~

Congrats on the little one!

Positive thoughts

Josh1234
17-04-16, 20:10
ive lost about that in a week before.