PDA

View Full Version : Times to take Seroquel XR

Always Trying
17-04-16, 04:45
Hello,

I was taking 200mg a day of IR Seroquel about 4 years ago and for me it was my "holy grail" drug for treating my OCD. I stopped taking it when I was pregnant with my first child and have not needed any medication besides the occassional Valium since then. I am now having a major episode, 9 weeks after the birth of my second child and have decided to start again with Seroquel.

The IR Seroquel was heavily sedating for me, so we are trialling the XR to see what happens.

I have taken 50mg before bed the last 2 nights in a row and I'm tolerating the feeding wake-ups ok. I would like to up my dose to 100mg but I'm unsure if it would be best for my anxiety levels to take 100mg before bed, or 50mg before bed and 50mg in the morning. I was taking the IR before bed and in the morning (100mg each). While it was terribly difficult to get through the day at first, I did build up a tolerance to it after a few weeks.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Carolin
18-04-16, 13:58
I take 250 XR. I take it 2 hours before bedtime.

I would not take it at any other time, as it knocks me out. There is no way I could function in the day if I took it at any other time.
I started on 50mg XR and have found each dose equally sedating after 2 hours.

Hope this helps x