PDA

View Full Version : Confused!

turnthelighton
17-04-16, 14:21
As per mr previous posts I was told I had low folate levels after a blood test and that was causing my tired, achy legs and arms. Things started to get better though not completely gone. Had a follow up apt (different doctor) and she said that the low folate levels would not cause these symptoms!

I explained to her my symptoms and she thinks it is all down to my depression and anxiety, we talked for some time and she explained that my blood test results were good and my hemoglobin levels were excellent.

Last week was mainly a good week but the past two days my arms and legs, especially my legs have been sore, achy as if I have a done a lot of running. Also feel like I want to stretch and rub them.

I'm confused to why I have this as I just want the pain to go away.

Do I go back to the doctor?

Thanks

Annoyed
17-04-16, 16:36
My depression and anxiety cause me to be sore. Not sure if that helps at all.

With a good blood test, it is probably the anxiety.

turnthelighton
17-04-16, 17:26
Thanks for reply. I know Anxiety and Depression are powerful and can cause physical symptoms, just want it to go away.

dizzy daisy
17-04-16, 19:04
Hi turnthelighton

I'm having the exact same symptoms you describe. It started in October and went on for a few weeks so I thought I had some kind of virus causing this heavy tired feeling in my legs and arms. Went to GP- by this time my anxiety was building thinking all kinds of things and they did a fair few bloods to rule out underlying conditions. Mine came back all ok so GP said was likely anxiety/ depression. Had counselling and they said I was visibly tense so was likely tension contributing to muscle fatigue etc. This subsided somewhat after counselling and mindfulness and then I got that awful flu virus a few weeks back and this tired feeling is back!! It's set me back a bit. I feel so frustrated and I can feel my anxiety starting to build a bit again.
Folate was one of the tests they did for me and my GP said the reason she was ordering it was that if out of range it can cause you to feel tired.
I'm at a loss of what to do now as it doesn't seem to be anything in particular or nothing that tests have picked up anyway, so I have to accept its anxiety. Xx

turnthelighton
17-04-16, 20:40
Hi Dizzy Daisy, sorry to hear you feel the same :-( I feel like I need two new legs at the moment....they are really aching even when I lay down. It is hard to accept that this is anxiety.

dizzy daisy
17-04-16, 20:49
I know. It is hard and I just feel so fed up that this is back. To be honest it never really went fully, but there was definite progress. I was starting to feel more normal and then that bloody flu virus thing, it turned into a chest infection and I was really bad with it.
I'm so sorry you have these symptoms too. Im also grateful in some way as I've felt so alone with this at times.
What you said about feeling tired and arms and legs feeling tired as if you've exercised but haven't is just so similar to me. I honestly thought when I had those bloods done that something major must be happening. I was relieved, don't get me wrong when they said they were ok, but then part of me wanted it to be say thyroid so I could just get meds and feel ok.
To top it off my period is now over a week late- not pregnant, I tested a few times this week to make sure. Now I wonder if it's hormone related. I hate all the what if thinking, I'm trying so hard not to, but then when you feel do run down its hard to ignore it too.
Do you work too? I do, and I have to say last week and feeling like this was a struggle. I'm office based so not on my feet all day or anything, but just low energy really and then heavy arms and legs- yuk.
Xx

turnthelighton
17-04-16, 21:55
Yes I work as well, and it involves moving around a lot so it can be a struggle. Mine started last December when I had a cold then sinusitis and then another cold. Also, my period was 3 weeks late this time. Finally got rid of the colds and virus the arm and leg aches never went. Though I can have some good days, just not at the moment :-(

I'm 46 and feel double that age.

dizzy daisy
17-04-16, 22:20
Oh it's hard to work feeling like this. Sometimes I just feel like crying.
Do you actually feel quite tired to it is it just the arms and legs that feel tired? I think I am actually feeling tired, but my arms and legs feel quite heavy and tired too- like you said as if you've exercised really is a good way to describe it.
I think I'm sleeping fairly well too so I don't think it lack of sleep. I try and get to bed early and I wake up the same time even at weekends as I think sometimes sleeping too much can make you feel worse.
I'm taking multi vits and having that metatone tonic to give me a boost, other than that I'm not sure what I can do.
Did you speak to a dr re the change to your cycle? I'm wondering if this could be hormonal with me or I suppose the virus could have delayed ovulation etc. Really not sure.
I've just turned 40 and I too feel easily double that age ha ha.
Xx