PDA

View Full Version : Hi some advice please

Cindy
08-03-07, 07:39
Hi everybody
I have been reading everybody's post and I have seen how positively everybody always tries to respond and help.I am 21yrs old and suffers from anxiety.Last year it was pretty bad with a load of scary symptoms but I managed to pull through and I felt better for months and now lately it is starting again.First of all I get this terrible dizzy feelings and sometimes my head feels so tight and I just feel silly I can't describe it but it's awful and I get this pains in my head but behind my ears (on my scull) not sure what that is but it starts there then I will get a headache I am really scared my mom and sisters don't understand so I have to act all fine in front of them just to keep the peace please can somebody tell me if this is part of anxiety or not oh and the dizziness is confusing cause I started getting it bad so I had my blood pressure taken by a sister at wrk and it was low then I went to doc it taken and it was a tad bit high my gp says it was a bit high cause I was nervous ,well then it carried on I had it taken the next week at wrk again low so obviously I went back to my doc and I had a urine test done to see for sugar and it game back fine and I had a blood sugar test done and its fine and my blood pressure was normal again I am really scared please help:ohmy:

SamJay
08-03-07, 10:09
Hi Cindy,
I can relate to exactly what you are saying. I too get the dizziness and tight feeling in my head with a lot of headaches...actually have one now! It is very confusing as it's hard to understand why it happens and also to explain it to other people.
I have had all sorts of tests done, from blood pressure & blood sugar checks as you've had to EKG's, blood tests and even an MRI. All came back clear and so it's the anxiety which is causing this strange and frustrating symptom but I know how difficult that is to understand as well...
So, if only to let you know that you're not alone I hope that this will make you feel better.
Also, I find that my breathing habits are very bad, shallow breathing, etc. which I now really believe may be what's causing me my dizziness.
I don't yet have any confirmed advice as to how to get rid of it other than to say to try to put it out of your mind as much as you can.
If you want to chat about it anytime, just let me know.
Take care,
Sam xxx

yorkylover
08-03-07, 13:10
Hi Cindy and :welcome: .All sounds like anxiety pet,it is scarey for us.You will get lots of support and advise here.When we get stressed,and go to places like the doctors our blood pressure can go up,but as soon as we relax again it goes back down.:)

Cindy
08-03-07, 13:56
Hi guys and thanks for replying but what I cant understand is why all of a sudden my blood pressure was low!And why the dizziness is so bad even if I look down I feel silly.I am really scared about the pain behind my ears on my bone sorry for being a big baby

Piglet
08-03-07, 14:01
Well our blood pressure does go up and down all through the day hun and since you have been checked out at the doctors I wouldn't dwell on this any longer.

What sort of relaxation methods are you trying to lower your general anxiety levels??

Love Piglet :flowers:

Cindy
08-03-07, 14:15
no methods I am just really scared all the time and its hard when you can't speak to your mom and sisters about it.Well my my dad suffered from anxiety he is the one that took me to the er last year when i woke up with heart palps I had so mant tests done there,abdominal scans and x-rays ,full blood count ,endoscopy and heart scans and ecg and treadmill test and other test I cant even remember but that was last year April do you think I need more tests done cause its a new year and now lately had a urine test and blood glucose test done.What can I do to get rid of this?

Freaky Chick
08-03-07, 14:45
hi cindy

Welcome to the site :hugs: :)

Your blood pressure does vary during the day, it's at it's lowest just before you get out of bed in the morning.

You might find that some of the dizzyness you get is due to anxiety and some actually due to periods when your blood pressure naturally drops. This can be caused by not eating properly, or not drinking enough liquid, or not sleeping properly.

Anxiety generally makes your blood pressure go up, because your body is getting ready to allow you to run away - therefore your heart pumps faster, you produce more adreneline, and that can cause the flutter you feel, blood is diverted to muscles like your arms and legs, and away from your stomach, so you get the butterflies and sicky feeling.

With blood diverting all over the place, sometimes there is a momentary drop in blood and oxygen going to the brain which can then make you feel dizzy and confuse, all of which then make you panic more!

If you can try and do some deep slow breathing (in through nose making shoulders raise and filling lungs up and out through mouth) when you feel the anxiety coming on - it can really help to reduce the symptons, and make you feel a bit better.

Hope this helps
Freaky chick