PDA

View Full Version : Burning Face anxiety\?

Charlie2016
17-04-16, 19:44
Hi all
newbie here
I have severe anxiety disorder which is crippling the last week. Today I have a burning face (but NOT red) and while Im not shivery - Im wondering if its a fever or just this awful anxiety giving me a "new and interesting" symptom!! Anyone can help? I would SOOO appreciate any support.

23fish
17-04-16, 20:12
I've had that lots of times - it feels as if my face is bright red and burning, but it's not. Definitely anxiety in my case x

Charlie2016
17-04-16, 20:28
I've had that lots of times - it feels as if my face is bright red and burning, but it's not. Definitely anxiety in my case x

thanks SO much 23fish - Im in a terrible state because of it - I'm afraid its a fever as it won't go away.

23fish
17-04-16, 20:39
Have you checked your temperature, Charlie? If it's high you could take paracetamol to bring it down. I think you would know, though, so it probably is yet another horrible anxiety symptom. They are never ending, aren't they?
Try to accept that is is there and observe it, and it won't seem so scary
Take care x

Charlie2016
17-04-16, 22:29
Have you checked your temperature, Charlie? If it's high you could take paracetamol to bring it down. I think you would know, though, so it probably is yet another horrible anxiety symptom. They are never ending, aren't they?
Try to accept that is is there and observe it, and it won't seem so scary
Take care x

thanks so much - yes Im just sitting and trying to relax and it doesn't feel as hot now - I assume it i had a fever id still have the burning face?

netminder1976
18-04-16, 01:22
I get hot face all the time, never have a fever though so I put it off to anxiety.

Cal83
18-04-16, 13:35
I've found that since I've suffered anxiety, I notice even the smallest of changes in my body, including temperature. Anxiety will make you hyper focus on these symptoms so try to relax.

Charlie2016
19-04-16, 16:45
I've found that since I've suffered anxiety, I notice even the smallest of changes in my body, including temperature. Anxiety will make you hyper focus on these symptoms so try to relax.

you're right I'm the same - any little "change" or weird feeling and i go off the deep end. Its so good to hear of similar stories here as a newbie - thank u x

Mummybee
20-04-16, 06:47
Hi!
I have this exact thing at the moment.
I've had it for about three weeks. I noticed one of my cheeks went a bit flushed at work, so my health anxiety kicked in, and my face feels like it's burning ever since. As soon as I do anything physical, have an alcoholic drink or get too hot my face turns red and burns so much, but the rest of the time it just feels like it's burning but looks normal. I've got an under tongue thermometer and I've checked a few times, no temp...
Im really hoping its anxiety, I've even been touching my sons face to see if it feels the same temperature as mine... I'm crazy

georgewing
20-04-16, 06:52
Well maybe its anxiety or maybe its just a common simptom ,many time i heard people that they face its burning

Charlie2016
27-04-16, 02:28
Hi!
I have this exact thing at the moment.
I've had it for about three weeks. I noticed one of my cheeks went a bit flushed at work, so my health anxiety kicked in, and my face feels like it's burning ever since. As soon as I do anything physical, have an alcoholic drink or get too hot my face turns red and burns so much, but the rest of the time it just feels like it's burning but looks normal. I've got an under tongue thermometer and I've checked a few times, no temp...
Im really hoping its anxiety, I've even been touching my sons face to see if it feels the same temperature as mine... I'm crazy

Exactly what I was feeling and seeing in the mirror ! No redness just burning face - very disconcerting but as Ive realised after going through it now its just another troublesome symptom of anxiety. I do hope u are okay and thanks so much for getting back to me.

thank u.