PDA

View Full Version : Blood when go the toilet

willous1
18-04-16, 06:56
Hi all, I have been fine for a while and used CBT to not let anxiety beat me. About 6 weeks ago I starting getting fresh red blood when I went to the toilet and it's been on and off since. Yesterday morning for example there was none in the morning but when I next passed stools there was lots. Doctor gave me cream which has done nothing. It doesn't hurt or itch and because I had a similar issue a couple of years back was not worried but that went quick. I'm getting a gp appointment but finding it harder than usual to calm my anxiety and it's really annoying. Anyone had this before? I bloody Googled it and it's says bowel cancer is rare for under 50s and I'm 31 but it's not helped.

dee_gril
18-04-16, 07:11
Sounds like hemroid especially if the blood is fresh. Internal hemroids don't hurt and can be on and off. Good to get it checked out anyway. Take care.

willous1
18-04-16, 07:20
Thanks, doctor last week said not to worry and that I didn't need to see her but getting an appointment today anyway to help but my mind at ease. Once again this morning the stools came out fine then when I pushed harder some blood came out. Sorry for the tmi

ShaunRyder
18-04-16, 08:06
Most certainly sounds like hemroids or a cut/tear on the skin, I get this quite often.

willous1
18-04-16, 12:02
Just been to the doctor who did tests and could not find any haemorroids or anything. I need to do a blood test, stool sample and have a colonoscopy. So worried, she said she is not worried but anxiety is now coming back.

Fishmanpa
18-04-16, 13:16
Hey Sean...

How about a gentleman's bet it's internal hemmies or fissures? :) I get this all the time and have for years. The fact it's bright red blood and bled when you strained affirms it.

Positive thoughts

Holds1325
18-04-16, 18:05
Do you consume any alcohol? Lots of caffeine? Do you hydrate enough? Any change in diet? Overweight? Some of the things doctors ask because any one of those factors could cause that because it either bulks the stools, causes constipation and thins the blood, perfect condition for hemorrhoids.

I read something during my last HA spell where it said its NEVER NORMAL for there to be blood in the stool that it needs to be checked asap and yeah thats true its not normal but its VERY COMMON and most likely something that can be fixed easily.

Again the fresh bright red blood usually indicates that it happened at BM release and therefore most likely points to internal hemorrhoids if there is no pain.

willous1
18-04-16, 18:24
I haven't had any constipation or anything which is why I'm worried, quite the opposite. If the haematology profile comes back okay then that will make me feel a bit better.

Thanks Fishmanpa, you've always been there!

willous1
21-04-16, 16:31
Called docs at 8:30 and they said bloods are back just waiting for GP to look at them. Do you think that should be done today? So if I don't hear anything that's good news.

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

Do you think they would have called by now?

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

Would anyone here know?

Wilburis
21-04-16, 17:29
Hi

Hope the doc gives you good news and some reassurance.

x:hugs:

willous1
28-04-16, 12:11
Hi,

The blood stopped for a week but I had a curry 2 days ago and have had a bad tummy since. I have been to the toilet lots and found it hard to go but last time at the end some blood came out. Still have not heard from doctors

Fishmanpa
28-04-16, 12:30
Perhaps curry and other foods are the connection here? ;)
Keep a food diary and note physical reactions. Eliminate or drastically reduce the foods that cause you an issue.

Positive thoughts

willous1
28-04-16, 12:45
Perhaps curry and other foods are the connection here? ;)
Keep a food diary and note physical reactions. Eliminate or drastically reduce the foods that cause you an issue.

Positive thoughts

Thanks mate, doctor didn't seem to think diet was connected but I'm sure it is as do others.

Pretty sure I must have something like an haemorroids which the doctor couldn't feel as it's a bit of a coincidence that it went but soon as I found it hard to go it came back.

willous1
06-05-16, 07:45
It's been two and a half weeks and I've heard nothing by phone or post so hoping that's good news..blood went away but had a bad tummy last week after eating an Indian and it started again.