PDA

View Full Version : Possible tonsil cyst...

NervousA1
18-04-16, 14:30
Hi I have been having really bad anxiety attacks lately since changing antidepressants... Was looking in my mouth again and saw a white lump on my tonsil... its not a tonsil stone more like a white cyst. So now I'm thinking its cancer :(... would cancer look like a white cyst? I don't drink or smoke btw...

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

No one?:shrug:

Annoyed
18-04-16, 17:16
How old are you? I ask because most of us HA sufferers seem younger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason I ask is because the incidence of Tonsil cancer is so dang low under the age of 40, that I doubt you have it.

Going by SEER (I'm American), 35-39 there is a .8 in 100,000 chance of you developing Oropharynx & Tonsil cancer per year.

That's a small chance. Tiny in fact. Now... remember that the majority of oral cancers are caused by smoking and drinking. You pretty much have no chance if I approximated your age to be under 40.

Even above... you have no risk factors.

NervousA1
19-04-16, 11:28
Hi thanks for replying, I am 36.... I think this white cyst like lump as been there for a while, if it was cancer would it of grown bigger?

---------- Post added at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 ----------

Here's a pic http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m61/al58/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160419_104818_zpslh6h7ktx.jpg this is cancer isn't it :'(

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

Anyone... Does this look like cancer, freaking out! Been really anxious again lately scanning my body for problems arghhh

Hypo
19-04-16, 11:57
Cancer grows and changes yes.

It could be a harmless cyst. It's very unlikely to be cancer.

However I would make an appointment with your dentist. Not because I think it is cancer but anything like that should be checked out and the most likely outcome is that he/she will put your mind at rest.

I can't tell you if it looks like cancer but I know tonsil cancer is very rare even when you are over 40 but I would get it checked out for possible infection/cyst.

Fishmanpa
19-04-16, 12:49
Can't tell you about the white spot but I'm always amazed at the photography skills of anxiety sufferers :) Reminds me of a beautiful place here in Virginia called Luray Caverns.

http://cdn1-www.webecoist.momtastic.com/assets/uploads/2009/09/Luray-Caverns.jpg

Positive thoughts