PDA

View Full Version : Big C

zippy
18-04-16, 14:57
Why do i always think the worst and that every time i have something wrong it's the Big C? I am having ladies problems and if it was anyone else they would think hormones or a cyst but no not me. I never think rationally and jump to conclusions with google. I thought i had gotten better with this since being on Fluoxetine but the worry/anxiety is still there but just not as bad. I feel like crying and keep thinking this time because i am not as manic that it's an omen and i should have went to the Dr's earlier.

Fedup79
18-04-16, 15:17
I know how you feel. Sending hugs x Im sure things will be ok, have ypu got a drs appt to discuss symptoms? Google is horrid but so addictive at the same time

Redsoles
18-04-16, 15:53
I'm going through the same thing at the moment. I've gone from ovarian cancer to bowel cancer to stomach cancer, all in the space of a week. It's exhausting ��

almamatters
18-04-16, 16:42
This is my biggest problem with anxiety Zippy, diagnosing myself with cancer, other illnesses do not hold the same dread for me as cancer does, in fact if it wasn't for cancer, I probably wouldn't have HA. I cannot seem to change my thinking neither. I wish I had some advice for you, but I'm waiting for another course of CBT to try and overcome it. Only thing I can say is try not to google, it always goes to the worst case scenario.

Annoyed
18-04-16, 17:00
I've been thinking positively regarding 'C' recently. There are scary statistics out there.

Here are some things that I remember to stay positive.
1. 'C' happens to older people. Everyone dies. I imagine if you are having lady problems, you're in an age group that isn't all that prone to 'C'.
2. A LOT of 'C' is preventable. Don't smoke. Don't drink in excess. Don't swim in gasoline idk.
3. Just because you read something, doesn't mean it will happen to you. I suffer from this a lot. I have a weird ritual of burning a newspaper if it has a 'C' story.

I am not sure how much statistics comfort you. C Research UK has fantastic statistics regarding incidence. I once worried about a 'C' that has be diagnosed in 0 people my age in the UK. That's stupid.

The US has some good statistics too. SEER has incidence. They also have an Interactive "Your Chances" website that will tell you your chances of dying from certain things. For instance, at 26 I have a 1.4% chance of dying in the next 5 years. 'C' and diseases barely contribute. Almost all accidents and suicide. Something HA live with everyday and don't worry about as much as 'C'.