PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of Appendicitis & it´s taking over

sunny_lizz
18-04-16, 17:24
Hi there :)
I´m pretty new to this forum, so bare with me. I only have a mild case of health anxiety where it mainly focuses on me being afraid I might get appendicitis or thrombosis. Right now I´m getting into a real panic about the appendicitis because on my walk an hour ago I felt pain in my right lower stomach. I´m used to this striking, short kind of pain (feeling like somebody is stretching that part) during this week of my cycle (the week between my ovulation and my period) but it´s usually on the height of my hip. This one was lower (on the height of my pubic hairline). It´s gone now but I feel so on edge & am hyper sensitive to anything unusual or any pain that goes on in my belly. The fact that I´m currently in the middle of a light gastroenteritis and feeling pretty sick doesn´t help as well.
Any tips on how to survive this?

Holds1325
18-04-16, 17:59
I had appendicitis, apart from the crippling pain lasting a few hours, it was okay. 2 week paid vacation to sit around doing nothing and no pain after the surgery. I did feel nauseated afterwards for a bit but I think that was the anesthesia wearing off.

I did feel really scared about the procedure but that went away, its a very very common procedure.

Now about my symptoms prior, INTENSE PAIN couldn't walk, felt sicker than ever like I was going to die. What you're describing just sounds like basic fluke pains maybe or perhaps just some gas or cycle cramps etc. Nothing to worry about.

If it becomes too much perhaps a doctors visit would suffice to ease your mind? Otherwise plenty of fluids and stretching usually helps what you're complaining about.

sunny_lizz
18-04-16, 18:25
thank you for your answer! I do have a doctors appointment set for tomorrow because of my gastroenteritis, so that´s gonna help definitely. I´m just afraid something happens until I get there (because it´s in the afternoon).

Right now I´m trying to take my mind off of it by watching tv and browsing the web but I keep feeling very mild pain somewhere in that area of my stomach, so I´m always taken back.

Your description of symptoms calms me a bit. I definitely can walk without any problem and I only feel mildly sick (& that´s probably a mixture of gastroenteritis and anxiety).

Holds1325
18-04-16, 18:35
Nausea could come from the anxiety, its very common with anxiety sufferers.

Also yes I could "walk" to the ambulance but that was all. My right side was in so much pain it radiated up into my back and I felt like I could hardly breathe.

Could just be IBS what you're experiencing or some other fluke related problem thats not too hard to fix with some diet change I.E. lactose sensitivity perhaps.

sunny_lizz
18-04-16, 18:39
I know my stomach does go crazy whenever I´m feeling anxious but also in general over the last few days.

I´m just glad that my flatmate has come home now, so if anything does happen she´ll help me (even though we aren´t really friends).