PDA

View Full Version : New anxiety about going crazy

netminder1976
18-04-16, 18:02
It all started with some health anxiety over my heart and pancreas or liver. Now that I've been to the doctors several times and finally had myself an EKG and full blood and urine tests that all came back great, my newest anxiety is that I'm going crazy. My mind still isn't right after getting all the reassurances about my physical health. Not to mention that the doc prescribed me 25mg of Seroquel that I see is used for bipolar and psychosis. Could it be that I'm truly going mad or isnall this my severe anxiety? I can have periods where everything feels fine but then I have periods like this. Anyone have any insight for me? Thanks so much.. Dennis

Holds1325
18-04-16, 18:48
Feelings of going crazy, nuts, developing some type of psyhosis, is VERY common with those experiencing anxiety.

During my last spell I thought I was literally losing my mind and that I would never be the same again.

Its just the anxiety speaking, the fact that you are AWARE of your sanity indicates it still exists. Not to mention NO ONE has ever lost their mind gradually in the sense that they were scared of psychosis then went into it and never came out. Remember that anxiety is not a psychosis but it can certainly make you feel as if you have that.

Do something that takes your mind away from that, make your mind work. Do a puzzle, read a book, focus on anything other than your thoughts and that fear slowly begins to fade.

netminder1976
18-04-16, 18:57
Thanks. That's exactly what it feels like, like I will never be the same. 2 months ago I was great and now this vicious cycle I am in.

Holds1325
18-04-16, 19:02
Question, did you feel this way at first? Or is this something new? As in, when you first experienced anxiety, was this your first fear?

netminder1976
18-04-16, 19:13
New, first anxiety was all about my health. This is just In the last couple of days because of still not feelng normal.

Holds1325
18-04-16, 19:20
Okay that sounds actualy very common. I believe anxiety goes in stages, first you get anxiety about something you fear, then the anxiety ramps up, that fear you had isnt there but theres nothing for the anxiety to attach itself to, theres no rhyme or reason for it, hence, I MUST BE GOING CRAZY THEN.

It might be helpful to know that its near the end. Wait it out, in the meantime make life easy on yourself, forget what anyone says, just try and help yourself out, eat nutritionally rich foods, get some air, take some vitamins etc. hydrate, you'll be FINE.

I seriously thought I would eventually go nuts and end up drugged into a zombie in some mental hospital somewhere. That never happened and I am fine today.

netminder1976
18-04-16, 19:40
Thanks alot for your help. Needed some sane talk as I can't seem to think anything but the worst right now.

Holds1325
18-04-16, 20:07
Yeah thats a very good idea. Just try and talk it out sometimes might help the best. I used to Journal and that helped quite a bit, after I got through it I just got rid of it.

Talk it through PM me or anyone else, you'll get through it I'm sure.

netminder1976
18-04-16, 21:54
Sounds great, and if there's anyone out there that is going through something like this or made it through please PM me .

shiznit76
20-04-16, 13:03
Seroquel is used in low dose for off label treatment of anxiety and racing thoughts. I also take 25mg for anxiety, and it helps. It's only when goes over doses of 200mg does it start having an anti psychotic effect, so do not be afraid to take the med

netminder1976
20-04-16, 16:44
Thanks, I read that in low doses thats what its for. I just worried about it knocking me out for 12 hours or so like I've read.

bookworm2260
25-04-16, 04:30
I don't think you'll go crazy, seemingly as you're scared of it. You can't scare yourself into going crazy. It just doesn't work that way, trust me. Maybe do some OCD meditation or relaxation techniques. Sounds like you're a hypochondriac - or should i say, dealing with health anxiety.

best of luck xx