PDA

View Full Version : Lost my dog tonight

Buster70
18-04-16, 22:34
Lost my beloved dog tonight absolutely in pieces don't know how I'll get through this , stroked him till his last breath , don't know what to do with him

BikerMatt
18-04-16, 22:37
I'm really so very sorry. x

Xtrastrongbint
18-04-16, 22:44
Oh no - I'm so sorry Buster. Love and best wishes to you at this hard time xx

23fish
18-04-16, 22:58
So sorry to hear about your dog. You will feel comforted by the fact that you were able to be with him, and it won't always be so hard. Thinking of you tonight x

MyNameIsTerry
18-04-16, 23:14
Oh no, Buster! What has happened? I thought they had sorted him out with the op? I'm really sorry to here this.

You were there to the end and he would have known it and felt comfort from it. He would have loved to the end. :hugs:

Superworrier
18-04-16, 23:35
Oh my so very sad for you :hugs:

Fishmanpa
18-04-16, 23:43
Oh No! :weep: What happened? He seemed to be doing Ok after the surgery.

Sending...

Positive thoughts

Buster70
19-04-16, 03:20
Not really sure why but his breathing became very laboured last Saturday he'd been doing really well vet said he'd got kennel cough but he hadn't been coughing he didn't eat his food today and I took him out in my van but he only walked about twenty feet and stopped so took him back home he then went down hill so fast , spent an hour ringing round emergency vets but knew he wasn't going to make the journey , me and my daughter sat stroking him until he went , just can't sleep or stop crying he meant so much to us , always said he was a once in a life time dog , even at 11 he never got old so it's been such a shock four weeks ago he was running around like a dog half his age , I think the vets convinced us to have his leg off when it had already spread to his lungs , thanks for the messages of support

xBettyBoopx
19-04-16, 04:12
I am so very sorry for your loss. The pain of losing a beloved pet is beyond any words, I have been there and understand your grief. It does take time to get a little better, it's the price we pay for love.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/1200x/f4/fd/f5/f4fdf54f6e01293a08d86e04df9ccd61.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8d/a7/2d/8da72ddca50e4869e20d5d715cb7eedc.jpg

misslove
19-04-16, 04:12
Aww so sorry for your loss. They become our children and letting go is hard. I know it's hard but when the time is right maybe you can adopt a dog. Loved pets can never be replaced but you can still love another one.

MyNameIsTerry
19-04-16, 08:09
The poor old boy. He seems to have gone down hill so fast and he was getting better before.

You gave him the best care you could, Buster.

I bet your other dog will be lost without him too as she saw him as safety when out.

pulisa
19-04-16, 08:14
I'm so very sorry, Buster. You did all you could for him but this will be no consolation. It's awful to lose a pet and you must be devastated.

shiznit76
19-04-16, 08:35
That's terrible Buster, I know how much my dog has helped me on bad days and dread this day happening to him. Would be well worth replacing him, won't be the same, but you will form another relationship with that

Superworrier
19-04-16, 09:58
I am so very sorry for your loss. The pain of losing a beloved pet is beyond any words, I have been there and understand your grief. It does take time to get a little better, it's the price we pay for love.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/1200x/f4/fd/f5/f4fdf54f6e01293a08d86e04df9ccd61.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8d/a7/2d/8da72ddca50e4869e20d5d715cb7eedc.jpg

So beautiful xxx

Magic
19-04-16, 11:33
So sorry to hear about your dog Buster. What lovely verses BB :hugs::hugs::hugs:x

Buster70
19-04-16, 20:25
Thank you for all the lovely messages and poems took him to a pet creation place today they were really nice , they laid him out for us to say good bye and he'll be done on his own , my other dog kept trying to pull the cover off him to lay with him , the £150 they charge is nothing for the service you get they really seem to care and don't rush you , going to miss him so much been in tears most of the night and day can't even right this without tears , it's good to know there are still a lot of good people out there , think if we ever get another he'll have to find us like the last one fate put us together and we had 11 1/2 good years together , thanks , take care .

Shazamataz
19-04-16, 22:59
So sorry for your loss. Pets are like children, well mine are anyway. I had to get my 13.5 year old Golden put to sleep last November and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I miss him still but it does get easier. I have my other two to focus on.

Take care of yourself and allow yourself to grieve

xx

MyNameIsTerry
20-04-16, 05:34
That sounds like a lovely thing to do, Buster.

Ahh, your other dog knows and just wants to be with him. Just wants his friend back.

Are you having the ashes to scatter?

When you say he came into your life, did he sort of adopt you then?

Buster70
20-04-16, 05:54
Picking up how ashes this morning not sure what to do with them yet there are a lot of places we used to take him don't want to make the mistake I did with my dad's ashes put them under a tree he planted on his allotment came back a while later to a big hole someone had nicked the tree along with the soil and ashes don't know where he is now you could make it up , we got the dog by chance visiting my partners brother on Boxing Day 12 years ago he had sold him a few weeks earlier from a litter the owner was kicking him about because he couldn't house train him so he took him back he asked us if we'd look after him untill after new year then never fetched him back , he could fit through the cat flap then so the cat trained him up as he got bigger he used to rattle it when he needed to go out , their inpatients with him was our gain , take care all .

MyNameIsTerry
20-04-16, 06:39
Ha ha, the cat training him made me laugh. It's funny how they learn off each other. Our dog learnt to rattle the back door when he wanted to go.

That's awful about your dads ashes! That must have been upsetting.

Well there is no rush to decide. I'm sure you will think of a good place for him.

Autumn4
20-04-16, 11:03
So know how you are feeling - if it helps we still have the ashes of 3 previous well loved dogs . Some people would find that odd however we just haven't found the right place or time & have moved house etc. I don't have them out on display which would be odd & am sure that the right time will arrive. We have another dog who is 10 now & I know it will be just as painful one day. They are always part of the family. We always remember them but the intense painful feelings change to warm & happy memories of the individual personalities & the fun & happiness they each bring. :flowers:

Buster70
20-04-16, 22:41
It's been hard today had to go on my own to pick the ashes kept it together until the woman owner of the crematoriam hugged me thanked her for a lovely send off and blubbed in the van on the way home , got home to a letter from the hospital for my heart echo in two weeks the timing was perfect , my younger dog has been freaking out running out of rooms in panic for no obvious reason even jumped on my lap which she doesn't do scares me bit as I can't understand what she's running from , been a hell of a year so far just expect the worst of everything now , thing is I know there is some poor sod maybe reading this who is in a worse place so my heart goes out to them , sending a thank you card to the crematoriam tomorrow the vets should take a leaf out of their book on how to treat people , the vets can whistle for their money they are not getting any more they've put us through hell for the last three weeks , thanks all X

MyNameIsTerry
21-04-16, 07:50
That's sounds like a lovely service, Buster. Very respectful. I bet they get a lot of cards of appreciation.

I guess your younger dog is upset and not understanding where her friend has gone. She will settle down as she adjusts, poor thing.