PDA

View Full Version : Im Alone

RCcola117
18-04-16, 22:58
Im so alone in my anxiety journey. My family looks at me as if Im crazy, I cant talk to my friends about it, and my significant other has never seen me have a panic attack.

I feel so cut off from everyone and everything because of this. I want normal relationships with my family but they treat me so differently.
I have tried explaining it to the, but all i get from most of them is the "its all in your head" blah blah blah.

I just need people to talk to about this.

23fish
18-04-16, 23:23
You can talk on here - there is so much support. Tell us a bit more about your anxiety and there is bound to be someone who can help.
I have been rereading Claire Weekes' book - Self Help for your Nerves. It explains panic attacks and how to deal with them really well (although it is a bit old fashioned). It might be worth a look.
I understand about the family. My husband tries to understand but he just doesn't get it. He hasn't seen a panic attack but he has seen me as a shaking wreck with anxiety and he still doesn't understand. Deep down he thinks I should pull myself together - if only it were that easy!
I see it's your birthday in a couple of days. Hope your family spoil you but make sure you are kind to yourself too x

netminder1976
18-04-16, 23:28
I know exactly how you feel. It's all in your head.... The only thing that people who have not experienced feelings like these seem to know how to say. My own wife doesn't even understand. I'm driving her crazy I believe, well at least I'll be here waiting on her when she finally does. It's so hard when others cannot relate but you have definitely come to the right place. All of us here I assume know exactly how you feel and are willing to listen, I know I am. Feel free to give us some background like when this started and what exactly are you feeling.

Dennis

Superworrier
18-04-16, 23:30
Hey then you have come to the right place .

You will find some amazing support on here that I promise you .

Holds1325
19-04-16, 18:28
Like everyone on here is saying, we can relate and those that have never experienced this anymore cannot so why bother them with it? It only makes you feel worse and them seem resentful.

In any case it took a long time for my wife to even begin to understand what I was going through. No one except a few knew what was going on in my head. The constant irrational fear and depression that wreaked havoc on my life for months and no one understood.

I understand though and its horrible, its nothing you would wish on anyone. But just know that it wont last forever, we're always here to talk to about it and you'll be fine, nothing bad will ever happen and you WILL get through it :)

Please feel free to post/pm whenever you need to its what this place is here for.

livefree83
23-04-16, 18:02
Welcome to the forum! You will find a lot of support on this site and people completely understand what you are going through. Anxiety and panic is far from all in your head....it is very real, especially the physical symptoms of anxiety and panic. Please keep in mind that they are just feelings, even though they are physical but cannot harm you. I am sorry your family does not understand. In the beginning I felt the same way. One of the biggest steps to recovery is not being concerned what others think about your disorder. YOU know what you are feeling. Please feel free to PM me if you need any further tips. I have not had a panic attack in over six months. It took a while to get there but the best thing I can tell you is accept what you are feeling and know it cannot harm you. If your family does not understand, don't try to explain because it will only frustrate you more. I started going to therapy (CBT) when I felt the same way about my family. One thing my therapist told me is to be gentle with yourself and with your feelings. Please keep that in mind. It is far from in your head. Anxiety is very real and it is a real disorder, just as someone with diabetes, cancer or any other health issue. Please keep your head up and know for yourself you will overcome this. It takes time and patience, healing and recovering. :)

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

Well said Holds :)