PDA

View Full Version : Acid Reflux causing Breathlessness or something more serious?

Raerae91
19-04-16, 03:00
Hi guys, haven't been on here in a while because I was doing so well but recently have been experiencing some scary symptoms I can't shake.

I woke up 2 days ago and was breathing really heavy, it's been pretty constant but I do suffer from acid reflux so I just figured it's either that or anxiety creeping back up, I've also had a strange feeling in throat, not sore but just a different feeling. I'm 18 and The last test I got was 2 weeks ago, I got a complete blood count cause I was suffering from lightheadedness and the doctor said it all came back normal. I got around 3 ekg's in the last 5 months and 1 chest X-ray so I know I should be rational but I'm still worried something might be wrong.

Fishmanpa
19-04-16, 03:09
If you've been reading the boards, I think you know what I'm going to say ;)

All medical tests and professional medical opinions have ruled out something physical so that leaves?.... are you getting help for your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Raerae91
19-04-16, 03:27
I've been taking lexapro for almost 3 months and these symptoms started going away so when they came back all of a sudden 2 days ago so that's why it's hard for me to be rational about it even though I know it's probably just anxiety creeping back up :(