PDA

View Full Version : Skin tag making me feel unnerved

ServerError
19-04-16, 03:57
The Beast, as I've seen it referred to, is raging inside me at the moment. Not sure what happened to my positivity. Anyway, I'm hoping someone can reassure me.

I've never been one to worry much about skin cancer. But yesterday I found what looks like a skin tag or very thin, slightly floppy, mole on my right pectoral area, just outside the armpit. It's dark flesh coloured, about 2mm in length, and as I said, it's floppy, so I can lie it flat using my fingers.

I'm unnerved because I've never seen this thing before. It's entirely possible that it's been there a while and I just never spotted it and it was waiting for me to develop anxiety to reveal itself. I am trying to be rational. But put it this way - I'm not going to be able to see a doctor in the next five minutes, so I may as well seek reassurance somewhere else to begin with. Also, the doctor will be fed up of seeing me. As those who remember my post about being in pain last week will know, I'm chasing medical help too much at the moment.

Also, while I've got your attention, one another thing I've got going on at the moment is a really hard-to-describe woozy head sensation. I can't decide if my head feels stuffy and heavy or if it's more of a lightheaded sensation. It kinda feels like I'm going to pass out or nearly pass out, but I never do. I've had an MRI and CT scan on my head and they found nothing other than sinusitis. Any idea what could be causing this? Feel free to say anxiety. Believe me, anxiety is the condition I want to have here.

countrygirl
19-04-16, 17:31
Skin tags appear literally overnight and can grow very quickly. I am covered in them and have had quite a few removed when they have got big enough to start catching on clothes/jewellery.

A Dr would take one glance and know straight away if it was a skin tag or not. They are totally harmless.