PDA

View Full Version : Massive setback

Idontwannago
19-04-16, 07:06
Hi everyone,

I have had panic disorder since I was 12. Depression and agoraphobia since I was about 16.
I was getting a lot better with my agoraphobia. I even got my license:)
I could drive around town no problem and could have friends and family drive me places hours away from home.

One horrible day, my friends were driving me to a place 10kms from home and just before I got there I had a big panic attack. Since then, it has been near impossible for me to go anywhere as a passenger with family and friends and I can barely drive up the road without an increased dose of Xanax.

I am in desperate need of help and it would be nice to talk to other sufferers/fighters of this horrible pain in the butt.

venusbluejeans
19-04-16, 07:12
Hiya Idontwannago and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
20-04-16, 14:50
Good morning Idontwannago. In the years that I suffered with panic/anxiety I have also put up with agoraphobia. The difference between is my panic and your's is mine didn't start till my late 30's.

One thing you said that is so important is that panic-agoraphobia is a problem. At the moment I can't say things are perfect for me. But I will say by taking small positive steps forward, you can deal with the problem. The key is even when setbacks come, continue to take those positive steps forward and you will win.

I know I sound like a bad infomercial, but focusing on moving forward will help. Best to you Idontwannago, you will find NMP is a great help for our shared problem.