PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tangaroa

Tangaroa
19-04-16, 12:03
Hi there,

I have been having issues with anxiety for just over three years now. When it first started in my early 30's - out of nowhere it seemed - I told myself to just snap out of it.

Over the last few years it has developed from something that happened occasionally, maybe a few hours, maybe a day but no more, to something that happens far more regularly. I have always had an overactive mind and although it has never caused any issues for me throughout my 20's (apart from being a bad sleeper) it now seems to have the ability to feed my anxiety. Some times I feel anxious and I don't know why, I have nothing to worry about. My brain then searches for problems and creates exaggerated future possibilities that will almost certainly not happen. The problem is that the logical part of my brain can never override the illogical anxiety I suffer. No matter how much I tell myself it is not a problem.

I didn't go to the doctor for the first few years as I thought I could try and control/cope with it on my own. I went in January for the first time as I could no longer cope with the insomnia. They seem resistant to giving me any medication and told me to read 'mood juice'. This helped a bit, they are now taking blood samples to check that I don't have any other issues that might be causing my anxiety. I get the results in a few days.

Anyway - I have waffled on a bit there so well done if you read it all and made it to the end. Just felt like I needed to get it off my chest.

T

venusbluejeans
19-04-16, 12:08
Hiya Tangaroa and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: