PDA

View Full Version : Fat and socially anxious

dahlia98
20-04-16, 00:52
Hello...I'm new here. This year I've reached my heaviest weight ever and it making my already debilitating social anxiety become even more unbearable.

I know if I don't make drastic changes I'll definitely end up obese within a few years. But I just can't stop eating and hating myself, due to my social ineptitude and ugly face and body. I eat until I'm sick and eat pretty much everything on sight without a second thought. It didn't used to be this bad, but its gotten much worse past 6 months. I have less energy then ever in my life and its making socializing nearly impossible for me. I used to exercise 2-3 times a week but I just can't make myself stick to it anymore, I end up just gaining more weight anyway due to how much I binge eat, just slower, and its demoralizing. Can anyone relate?

I'm just so tired, alone and in deep pain. Therapy has also been a bitter disappointment over the years. Maybe I just got really unlucky but they've been pretty horrible experiences.

Nessy99
20-04-16, 11:45
I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I'm sure you're not as 'ugly' in body or face as you think you are. Some of the prettiest people i've ever known have been deeply insecure about their looks. Not that it matters, being a nice and kind person accounts for much more than looks.

I relate to you about the weight. I ballooned to 16 stone last year, mainly due to medication, laziness and over-eating. I should be 12 stone for my height. I felt horrible. I've lost a couple of stone but still feel bad about myself so i understand totally how you feel.

Please don't wish your life away wanting to be slimmer. Set yourself a goal of x amount of weight loss in 1 year. Stick with your plan, eat right and do gentle exercise and then get on with your life. Re-assess in a year. I'm pretty sure you'll be a lot slimmer with a lot more energy. Start today!! It's what i'm about to do after feeling sorry for myself for at least two years.

Good luck!!

TheDucky
11-05-16, 13:19
I'm too anxious to goto the gym, I don't want people looking at me.

Food is also a big thing for me, I don't purge - just binge and eat everything in sight. Then make sure I mentally abuse myself afterwards.

Nessy99 is right - don't wish your life away. Being big doesn't make you less of a person... the way i get through life is to know i'm a good person and no amount of kale or planks is gonna make me a better person... you say that to yourself when you feel poopy my lovely.

georgewing
20-06-16, 04:45
I achieve good results by changing my mind i mean thoughts .You must use law of attraction this helped me a lot in my life and easy by easy i change my negative paradigms to positive

MyNameIsTerry
20-06-16, 05:08
I achieve good results by changing my mind i mean thoughts .You must use law of attraction this helped me a lot in my life and easy by easy i change my negative paradigms to positive

Law of Attraction is somewhat of a problem for anxiety disorder sufferers given we are prone to worrying about attracting the things we fear or turning into them! :doh:

Not one I would recommend...my thoughts are the same for that guru you are advertising in your signature, that one paying out commission to his affiliates who like setting up fake review websites to advertise products. Ring a bell? :whistles:

HalfJack
07-07-16, 12:28
Maybe start by adding more exercise rather than less food? Thats what ive done; going for long walks or yoga at home? Or full on workouts if you're fit enough. Tons on YouTube of you don't love the idea of a gym.

I've been there too, still hate myself but I'm not punishing myself anymore, in the process of dropping weight now.

Noivous
07-07-16, 18:22
You know if you go to a very low carb high fat and protein diet for a spell you can eat as much as you want so long as there are no carbs. You'll be amazed at how fast the weight will come off. You'll also be amazed at how long you can go without being hungry.

N.

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

By the way...and it may be of no concern to you at all but as far as being attractive, different men like different types. Many men like myself like many different shapes and sizes. There are many larger women I find extremely attractive. And of course demeanor and personality has a lot to do with a persons attractiveness. When I hear someone say there's someone for everyone I have to laugh because in reality there are thousands of someone's for everyone. Don't sell yourself short.

N.