PDA

View Full Version : Fading mole

axxerd
20-04-16, 08:07
I made a post here about a month ago regarding what I thought was a new mole. I'm 32 and was concerned that developing a new mole at my age was bad news.

Since then, this tiny mole has seemed to have developed what appeared to have been a black head in it or very close next to it. It raised a little, and I squeezed it. It didn't bleed, but after squeezing the mole area kind of had a crust to it for a couple of days. I paid no more attention to it until tonight. To oght I noticed that the mole has fades quite a bit. Is this normal? Is it possible that the mole was always there in its faded state but the emergence of the blackhead(or whatever it was) causes it to appear darker?

The mole is just above the outside of my knee on my upper leg. It doesn't appear to be even half the size of a pencil eraser.

I have attached a progress pic. The photo on the left waa taken on March 16. The photo on the right waa taken on April 20.

Does this appear normal and of no concern? I have had bouts of health anxiety before, but not for a while now. This is a new one. I hope to hear some of your input soon!

Dreamweaver
20-04-16, 18:46
I made a post here about a month ago regarding what I thought was a new mole. I'm 32 and was concerned that developing a new mole at my age was bad news.

Since then, this tiny mole has seemed to have developed what appeared to have been a black head in it or very close next to it. It raised a little, and I squeezed it. It didn't bleed, but after squeezing the mole area kind of had a crust to it for a couple of days. I paid no more attention to it until tonight. To oght I noticed that the mole has fades quite a bit. Is this normal? Is it possible that the mole was always there in its faded state but the emergence of the blackhead(or whatever it was) causes it to appear darker?

The mole is just above the outside of my knee on my upper leg. It doesn't appear to be even half the size of a pencil eraser.

I have attached a progress pic. The photo on the left waa taken on March 16. The photo on the right waa taken on April 20.

Does this appear normal and of no concern? I have had bouts of health anxiety before, but not for a while now. This is a new one. I hope to hear some of your input soon!

Hi there ... I've had my own skin issues, including a tussle with melanoma in the UK in 2005. I'm forever having things cut off and stitched up by surgeons, then sent for biposy only to come back 'no evidence of melanoma'. The dermatologist says that if you have a pale complexion (I had flaming carrot hair until I was about 12), and especially if you grew up in a hot country and barbecued yourself on the beach most days (guilty as charged, your honour), it's best to have these litte things off - not because they're malignant, but because they have the POTENTIAL to perhaps change in the future.

Ask your GP for a referral to a dermatologist. If the GP is worried, he/she will fast-track it. They live in terror of being sued; it is something we have inherited from America. Let the dermatologist reassure you. Avoid Dr Google, who is not only not a dermatologist but not a doctor at all in many cases, and ESPECIALLY avoid looking at pics of skin lesions. We are not trained to interpret them, and the HA thrives on internet horror stories.

I'm quite sure you're fine. Let your GP have a look and see a dermatologist. I've had things taken off me that look like a complete train wreck that turned out completely innocent. If you really are in a tizz, then go private and see a doc the day after tomorrow. Not because I think you need to, because I don't. Just for the peace of mind.

The best to you. Let us know?