PDA

View Full Version : Battling with Anxiety One Step at a Time

skittlebeanz
20-04-16, 14:24
I've been suffering from GAD for several years and it comes and goes, gets worse with alcohol or just simmers in the background. Some days it prevents me from doing things and I've got to the point where I believe that my life is structured around the symptoms such that I make active choices around being 'safe' and not in a situation where I can panic. I dont think I've ever had a full-blown panic attack but I do leave places/environments and not return if I feel too panicky. I'm trying to change the way it controls my life by combatting it head on.

I think to myself...what's the worse thing that can happen? And then I invite the anxiety to step up and do its worst.....it never actually seems to get any worse and I'm slowly thinking that I can beat this. I know I can beat this.

venusbluejeans
20-04-16, 14:29
Hiya skittlebeanz and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: