PDA

View Full Version : heres hoping ...

dmk
20-04-16, 15:19
Firstly, its my first post, so hello all and thanks for the great site

I started 10mg citalopram for anxiety/depression 7 days ago and have just gone up to 20mg. The doc advised to start on the low 10mg dose before upping to 20mg after a week.
I feel super woozy, lethargic and nauseous. Also feel heightened anxiety.
As many know, its pretty rough

Having terrible effect on me doing my job (systems analyst) ... just sitting staring at the screen

Ive read through lots of articles/forums etc and hope that by sticking with it, the side effects will allow me to do my job/function properly. If I am unable to work, it would just make things worse !

fingers crossed ..
cheers
Darren

Chaos09
20-04-16, 15:29
Hi Darren, I started straight on 20mg and felt just the same. I've been on it just over the weeks and having a rough few days but otherwise the side effects are generally diminishing. Hang in there!

R1CH
20-04-16, 15:42
Hi Darren

Cit has worked for me 3 times now. Side effects are horrible and can last right up until the drug starts to work. I am now feeling pretty good (keeping my fingers crossed) and I now feel I am able to work once again and I am starting to enjoy things etc etc. See my other post.

Remain positive, don't question if the drug will work, try not to become consumed by your illness, you will feel better but just allow your body time to recover and accept where you're at for the time being.

I'm an IT Consultant and found it impossible to continue with my work but my work were totally supportive of me again!!!. I managed to only have 3 or 4 weeks off in total but previously I was off for much longer.

Stay strong buddy, you WILL feel better in time.

Rich

Mojo61
20-04-16, 16:52
Hi Darren, I'm on 10mg but my doctor wants me to be on it for a month before upping the dose. I've been on it for 19 days now with not much improvement and still getting increased anxiety and tiredness/demotivation. I'm going to stick with it though, and I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery. Did you notice any improvement on the 10mg?

danithegirl
20-04-16, 18:21
I started right on 20mg a week ago. One of the roughest weeks of my life. I think Thursday was the worst day... I had to leave my office several times so I could go sit in my car and cry. I'm still having major anxiety, but I definitely feel the side effects diminishing as it continues to get into my system. We're all here for support!

ss2016
20-04-16, 21:35
Welcome!! Good luck and we are all here to support you :)