PDA

View Full Version : Still irrationally scared about lymphoma

Annoyed
20-04-16, 17:14
Me again.

I have a small sub 1 centimeter node on the bottom of my neck.

Here's a recap of my story.

Saw a hematologist/oncologist mid December for something completely unrelated. Had chest xrays in October. Had a perfect CBC. Had no concerns with lymph nodes as he felt them.

Saw family doctor at the end of January. This was an anxiety appointment, and a minor checkup. I also got a flu jab. I also asked if I had any symptoms that looked like cancer and he said I gained 20 pounds so no.

Found the neck the next day because my neck was sore. Called the doctor and he wasn't concerned. I have called 2 other times since then, and he still doesn't think I need to come in.

Can he be so sure I don't have Lymphoma without feeling my tiny node?

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

I'm panicking because I read that posterior cervical nodes can be suspicious for cancer.

My doctor can never get me in. I have no one to talk to about this. It feels like it gets smaller.

Holds1325
20-04-16, 17:31
That fact that your CBC came back normal indicates that its highy unlikely that you have ANYTHING wrong with you. If it was indeed lymphoma your CBC would be off the charts.

Playing with the "lump" "nodule" whatever it may be will only irritate whatever it is and cause it to seem worse than it is.

Perhaps focus on the anxiety instead of the lymphoma?

Fishmanpa
20-04-16, 18:13
From your other post about this...

Question: What do I say about cancer about a dozen times a week on this forum? It's over dude... done... finite... gone.... If you continue to worry about this, it's on you ;)

Still on you ;)

Positive thoughts

Annoyed
21-04-16, 00:48
I think I'm better again. I convinced myself that posterior cervical nodes are much more dangerous.

But I felt my node and its much smaller. Probably half size. I mean... it'll swell up again because I poked it. I'm going to attempt to let it go for a whole week.

---------- Post added at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

That fact that your CBC came back normal indicates that its highy unlikely that you have ANYTHING wrong with you. If it was indeed lymphoma your CBC would be off the charts.

Playing with the "lump" "nodule" whatever it may be will only irritate whatever it is and cause it to seem worse than it is.

Perhaps focus on the anxiety instead of the lymphoma?

The worst part is that my doctor said its not even enlarged. I felt it today and its the size of a cooked piece of rice. Its so tiny.

That's probably a bit too small for anything serious.

Fishmanpa
21-04-16, 01:11
my doctor said its not even enlarged. I felt it today and its the size of a cooked piece of rice. Its so tiny.

That's probably a bit too small for anything serious.

Ya think? :wacko:

Positive thoughts