PDA

View Full Version : Corneal Abrasion

Black
21-04-16, 01:58
I didn't know where else to post this, so here. I recently received a corneal abrasion from scratching my eye. It's said to be significant and on the pupil. The doctor seems confident it will recover but it's been blurry for 3-4 days still and pain is still there sometimes. After the first day, it felt like it was getting better, then the next day, but now it feels like my eye is sensitive again. I'm worrying it might be something else, as usual, but... I'm not sure what to think. I'm mostly worried because I still wanna be able to see when it's finished being treated.

Fishmanpa
21-04-16, 03:07
Not much you can do except to follow the advice of the medical professionals and cross any bridge that comes up "if" it comes up.

Positive thoughts

Black
21-04-16, 05:35
I suppose you are right. It just scares me because the pain I had before on/near the eyelid occassionally hurts now anytime I look at light. Not sure if that's normal or if I should worry it's one of the other things I was worried about.

debs71
21-04-16, 10:50
Don't worry....it will heal!

Many years ago I also tore my cornea. I very stupidly poked myself in the eye, and my fingernail tore through it. The pain was unbelievable! I woke up the next morning with an almost completely sealed up eye and a lot of pain.

I saw my doc. She put a dye in the eye and could see a very large tear in it. I was prescibed an antibiotic eye cream and had to wear a patch over the eye for some time (I can't recall how long!)

I experienced the same as you for a while - occasional pain, blurred vision in that eye, light sensitivity, but that all cleared up eventually. Bear in mind that your abrasion is VERY recent - it takes some time to heal an injury like this, and a matter of days is a little too soon. Even a month or two after my injury, I was still getting the odd pain and blurred sight from the injured eye.

Your eye will heal, I assure you!....it just needs some time. :hugs: