PDA

View Full Version : Scared of PE

Black
21-04-16, 10:09
Ok, I know this might sound silly, but I'm worried about PEs. I've read that the burning in the side I've had before could be that, plus my breathing issues as well as some pain. I'm not sure though. They never ran any specific tests, and I'm not that active. All they did was X-ray, blood tests, as well as the EKG, but what if they just did not find anything? It's freaking me out! Not to mention all the feelings that are beneath my breast. Also phlegm when I'm not really sick. Would reason why it makes my back ache as well as some other pains to breathe sometimes!

Black
21-04-16, 20:09
Went in for the panic. Was given a sedative lorazepam, and it made me relax and feel better. Also they went ahead and did a d-dimer because I wished for one, said it was clear. Are these trustworthy things to use as evidence on me being healthy? I mean, I doubt that the medicine would've worked if there was a legitimate issue, and all the other tests, blood, EKG, and x-rays, came back clean as well again.

Fishmanpa
21-04-16, 20:12
Went in for the panic. Was given a sedative lorazepam, and it made me relax and feel better. Also they went ahead and did a d-dimer because I wished for one, said it was clear. Are these trustworthy things to use as evidence on me being healthy? I mean, I doubt that the medicine would've worked if there was a legitimate issue, and all the other tests, blood, EKG, and x-rays, came back clean as well again.

What's the logical, black and white answer to that question? Mind you it's a "yes" or "no" answer. Choose wisely grasshopper ;)

Positive thoughts

ella32
21-04-16, 20:13
The d dimer test for clot is meant to be very accurate so if it came back clear then you have no clot. Don't Google any of your symptoms because it just makes anxiety worse and fuels the fearful thoughts.xx hope you feeling better.

Black
22-04-16, 08:48
The d dimer test for clot is meant to be very accurate so if it came back clear then you have no clot. Don't Google any of your symptoms because it just makes anxiety worse and fuels the fearful thoughts.xx hope you feeling better.

They said my oxygen was 100%, the test was great, and the loraz calmed me down, which apparently it would not have if there was any issue. I still worry if that's enough to go on but maybe I should stop reading google stories about clear tests still meaning 'do all tests' so often. They also said I didn't present with all the symptoms that'd worry them.

ella32
22-04-16, 11:26
Don't Google anything to do with your symptoms it really and truly makes everything worse. You have to trust the tests and the doctors and not what you have read on a computer.xx oxygen levels being 100% is perfect . The doctors know what they are doing they wouldn't let you leave hospital if they thought something was physically wrong with you xx

Black
22-04-16, 11:55
Don't Google anything to do with your symptoms it really and truly makes everything worse. You have to trust the tests and the doctors and not what you have read on a computer.xx oxygen levels being 100% is perfect . The doctors know what they are doing they wouldn't let you leave hospital if they thought something was physically wrong with you xx

Thanks. I believe he ran some of that test for comfort, but hyperventilation is apparently not enough to diagnose it, nor is the occasional pain I have. I'm fortunate they don't look at my age and say 'you can't have it' they look at it and say 'the risk is quite low at your age, and with some of these tests we can accurately manage to rule it out easily.' They checked my CO2 and it was low, which is apparently from the hyperventilation. The nurse told me the anxiety medicine she gave me to help me relax wouldn't have helped like it did if the symptom was really from that. This all seems like great evidence for my health, my pulse scared me, but I'm told hyperventilating and stuff can make it fwoosh up really crazy. When I finally calmed it was 90s, which is also apparently something that wouldn't happen with what I was worried about. My BP, everything, went to normal ranges after the medicine, and a little even before it once I was at the hospital with oxygen and being calmed as best they could. I was told by one of the EMS that came that they've been called for panic attacks before, and even managed to say something that amazes me. 'We've seen worse, and we can tell it's one because you're not presenting concerning symptoms.' I'm trying to use all this to calm down. I did have the breath today but it wasn't as bothersome because it was less wheezy, and they said my cold congested feeling might've been why my breath was like that, which then would've triggered a panic. And hyperventilation is apparently a cyclical panic which can hold for a while. They also said those 'full breaths' I get that calm me a few seconds would hardly be possible with an actual problem. I just wish I knew test accuracy. That said, while he didn't seem concerned, he looked at me, and was all like, well negatives positives can mean anything pretty much, but do to all the tests that came back he felt confident diagnosing that I'm ok. Only one interesting thing came of this. I've a brand new medical diagnosis. Formerly I had just Anxiety disorder. Now I'm being diagnosed with full Panic disorder. I know I should seek reassurance from myself, but looking at all this, if you wanted to read it all, I know it's a fair bit. Can someone give me an accurate reassuring opinion on the situation? Especially those that know about these conditions, as well as what I was worried about? One more thing, could the blurriness from my corneal abrasion help freak me out? It has me a bit dizzy in that I'm not full vision anymore because of that while it heals. Plus my cold which I had a couple of days or so. Could these have been helpful to triggering it? I know I have anxiety often, and it's even been when I'm outside sometimes doing stuff. Usually though it's more controlled. I'm thinking that the legitimate things that were bothering me might've triggered a panic due to their symptoms.

ella32
22-04-16, 20:29
I have the panic disorder aswell which does make dealing with everything harder .