PDA

View Full Version : Christian healing

jude uk
08-03-07, 15:52
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has been to christian healing and if so did it help. I have been considering it.

Freaky Chick
08-03-07, 22:06
Hi Jude Swan

I have been to Christian Healing, and I have a lot of prayer aimed in my direction from my church at the moment as well.

The bits that I got sorted there really did help, and I am going to go on a healing retreat once I am well enough to cope with the people there, as I have problems with people at the moment.

It depends a lot on how much you are willing to allow it to work. How much you are willing to let go of.

It really helped me to get to the root of some of the problems i've had, and helped me shed lots of tears which needed to go.

Did you have a specific retreat in mind? As there are several around.

Love and hugs

Freaky Chick

jude uk
09-03-07, 14:05
Hi Freakychick

I just noticed a poster in my own church that said "christian healing" Its available at a church down the road on a thursday morning 11-1pm. You have no idea what I am ready to let go off and how much I want it to work. Never heard of any retreats but contact me and let me know of any...I am in Glasgow

Freaky Chick
09-03-07, 15:23
Hi Jude Swan

There are loads of retreats and training courses available. The nearest I can think to you in Glasgow would be Ellel.

I've been there several times on courses. They do courses you pay for, and they do healing retreats and healing services that are free.

They do come out to churches and stuff, but mostly you have to travel to them. They have centres all over the place!

I will be going on a healing retreat, when i feel up to travelling and people a bit more. But i need a bit more counselling first, so that i can make the journey.

Ellel Scotland is in Aberdeenshire, and Ellel HQ is in Lancaster. There are 2 other sites in the south, and a few more worldwide.

Everything is God Centred and the counsellors are genuine and gentle.

Here's the link in case you're interested.

http://www.ellelministries.eu/uk/index.php

There are a few more around, it's fairly easy to find them - But the only other ones I know are in the South, cos that's where I'm from.

If you have Sky, it's worth tuning in to premier christian radio - ok london based, but they do a fair number of course adverts.

Other stuff that has helped me in the past are books and audio from american preacher Joyce Meyer (she's come through abuse), she has a couple of great books, incl. battlefield of the mind! and a new one about gaining confidence.

It's worth looking into christian healing - My counsellor is from my church, and she prays for me everytime i go - i'm afraid my faith is somewhat lacking at the moment.

There is also the association of christian counsellors, they register people who've got counselling training and are available to help people.

Love Freaky Chick.:hugs:

Freaky Chick
09-03-07, 22:29
Hey Jude Sawn

Couldn't return your PM, it wouldn't let me - so!

It's called Kings Church - (charismatic). They have been really good to me, probably even more helpful, if i could actually get there - i have a panic attack at the door, and haven't managed a service since Sept (except Christmas - but it took 2 people to half carry me in!)

My Counsellor is from the church, I get counselling free of charge, and it's really helping.

My Pastor comes every coupke of weeks, but is in constant communication via phone and email.

Just trying to build my way back in, by doing one to one's with people, so that i'm not so scared.

What church are you at? have they helped you at all?

Freaky chick.

jude uk
10-03-07, 13:35
Its a baptist church and they have been great.
The thing that most folk dont know about churches is that there are good counsellors in some of the churches and you dont have to be a Christian to speak to them...But you may be come one after..lol

I have made good friends at the church and some know what I have went through. There is never any pressure to go and I can come and go as I please..Its great for those who have anxiety or panic attacks because you can sit at the back, enjoy the service and leave if you dont want to talk to anyone after...Yea keep building up freaky and I am glad that you have a good pastor.

jude

Children_of_God
16-03-07, 19:18
What's christian healing? xxx.

Freaky Chick
16-03-07, 20:34
Hi Children of God

Christian healing - that is where you let Jesus and Holy Spirit be the counsellor to you. To bring up and change in your life what He thinks is right.

Basically the whole thing is based on the healings of Jesus and the Apostles in the NT.

You usually have 2 people who are trained in Christian healing and counselling. And basically, they counsel you and pray and let God do the rest! He then does exactly what is best for you - cos He knows everything anyway.

There are many different ways and approaches. anything from prayer ministry, to laying on of hands, anointing with oil, counselling proper, emotional release, retraining your brain and faith - getting you to view yourself how Jesus views you, not how the world has trained your brain!

I did a whole course on discipleship and healing, it involved starting at the basics of how Jesus healed, right up to deliverence ministry. Basically God does it, but uses people to minister through.

That's the official types of healing, like in churches or retreats etc.

Sometimes God can do it without people too, like when you walking in a field and see your favourite bird or something, and you get that rise of joy and peace etc - that's God healing you too.

The most important thing is making and keeping Jesus the most important member in your life - reaffirming your faith. And walking through where he leads, knowing he's there with you and you can't get hurt.

Hope this sheds some light!

Freaky chick

Children_of_God
16-03-07, 22:00
yes, that was very helpful thank you.
It all sounds very interesting too.
Is there anyway you can do any of this without having to leave your house ? (I'm house bound you see), like maybe over the telephone...or having a priest or someone come to your house?
= )

nomorepanic
16-03-07, 22:35
I used to go to Spiritual healing - found it really fantastic

We also got faith healing there.

Freaky Chick
17-03-07, 09:23
Hi Children of God.

Sure you can get it at home. Are you in a local church already or not? If you are, your minister should be able to visit you at home. If not I have friends at a church near the hospital. They would be glad to visit you i'm sure.

If you want some support by phone, then Ellel, can pray for you over the phone and talk to you. www.ellel.org (http://www.ellel.org).

If you have sky, then try the God Channel somewhere around 760 i think, or there is premier christian radio also on sky. (It's London based!) But you can phone them.

There are alo people you can email, or have tapes and CD's sent to your house.

If you want details of my friends in Hull then i'll find out for you, let me know!

I visit hull sometimes to visit my friends, but not up to the journey at the moment. One of them lives in Coltman Street, right near the hospital.

Healing retreats you have to go to generally, but they are free, and if you want to take someone with you for support during meals and times when you not in counselling then you can, but they have to pay for their food. You can also be counselled in Private if you prefer.

There is good stuff available on the net. I recommend Joyce Meyer. She came through all sorets of abuse and now tells people how she did it. some of her stuff is really inspirational.

Hope this helps. You can always PM me if you want more info.

Love and Hugs
Freaky Chick.
:hugs: :flowers: :hugs::hugs:

honeybee
17-03-07, 18:51
hello, ive seen this thread a few times but not replyed cos im having a duvet day and knew id have lotsa typing to do and couldnt be bothered, anyway couple of glasses of wine later and im ready...

i havent come across christian healing but i've had spiritual healing which i think is probably quite similar..

when i started getting panic attacks my dad suggested i went to see his wifes sister, jane, who had been training as a spiritual healer, since she was a child she'd been having premanitions (sorry about spelling) and stuff and later on in life learnt how to develop her gift.. now this came as a shock to me because even though im quite a spiritual person my dad isnt.. he never believed in things life like after death etc but he'd seen the proof that it worked and even though he tried to he couldn't explain away the 'miracle' he'd seen.. his experiance was that his wife had been anorexic for 12 years, as a teenager she had been put into a psychriatric ward because of it because everyone around her didnt know how to deal with it, she was hospitalised a number of times and got told she'd never have kids, then she went to see a spiritual healer. on her first visit she broke down in the session, she cryed and cryed and cryed, something she hadn't done for years, the release she said she felt was miraculous, when she left she felt like another person. on her second visit the healer did her stuff and when my dads wife left she went and ate a huge pub lunch, since that moment she's never had aproblem with food... years on and she's got a 5 year old girl (she got told on a number of occasions she'd NEVER have childrenas she'd done too much damage to her body).. the spirituial healer that healed my dads wife went on to train my dads wifes sister...

after lots and lots of persuasion from my dad i went to janes house for my healing, when i arrived my whole body was shaking, sweating, thought i was gonna pass out... i sat in a chair in the middle of the room and jane went into a kind of trance, at which point she says her spiritual guide enters her body, she describes herself as a channel between this world and that of the gods, through her, higher spiritual beings are able to clense people of any negative energy and fill the void with light, the process was strange and hard to explain but its basically the laying on of hands, she did the whole thing with her eyes closed but it was weird because as soon as she was in the trance everything about her changed - she walked differently and as weird as it sounds (if you dont think this is weird enough already) she actually looked different, anyway proir to the session she said to me if i feel the need to cry just let it out and that it was only the release of old negative energy, cry? OMG i sobbed.. anyway i left and i felt amazing, i had a total of about 4 sessions because it was too far away i couldnt get there very easily.. it had a lasting effect for quite a while where i just didnt have any pas. my confidence was sky high and all the 'what if' thouht just disappeared. ive tried so many things and the one thing that had a biggest impact was definatly spiritual healing by a long long way...

although saying that i've spoken to other people who say they've seen people who claim to be spiritual healers who are obviously cowboys taking advantage of the vunerable.. if you do decide to look into this further always go by word of mouth.. the healer that healed my dads wife unfortunatly has moved to ireland, the work she did was truely amazing..

Lindalou64
20-04-07, 17:11
WOW THATS AMAZING,Im gonna have to look into this, best to yas,......linda xx