PDA

View Full Version : Help me trust in the doctor please.

ella32
21-04-16, 12:48
Im going through a really bad patch with this health anxiety. Constantly thinking there is something serious wrong with me. I get chest pain every day and ive had tests done all fine except for tachycardia. I get a pain in my leg and I convince myself its a clot which makes the pain worse. I ended up in hospital yesterday because of leg and chest pain and was convinced I had clot in lung or having heart attack. They did ecg normal and they did bloods including d dimer to rule out clot and examined me and let me home but today again im having pains in left chest area which is scaring me again. I keep telling myself im ok cause they checked me over at hospital yesterday but I find it so hard to trust doctors and im struggling today. I had gone to my own gp during the week with leg and she said it was fine but I started doubting her straight away and that's why I ended up in hospital cause of the thoughts that surround the pain.xx

ShaunRyder
21-04-16, 14:51
Hey sorry to hear you going through this, they sound like anxiety symptoms and the more you worry the more they will come on, have you spoken to your gp regarding your anxiety?

ella32
21-04-16, 19:41
I have and im on setraline for the anxiety but it doesn't seem to help. What the point in going to hospital yesterday and getting checked out and told im fine but here today worrying about chest pain and palpitations again. Why can't I just trust in the tests the hospital did and trust the hospital doctor.xxx it makes no sense to me.

Fishmanpa
21-04-16, 20:07
Despite all you thought has been wrong since you joined the forum in 2012, you're still alive and kicking.

No one can tell you what to do to get you to trust the doctors. As of now, you can't even trust your own mind to interpret normal everyday aches and pains and anxiety symptoms. The medical facts are cold hard scientific evidence, black and white, indisputable, no what ifs. The ball is in your court Ella... treating the real illness will also help treat the symptoms associated with it.

Positive thoughts

ella32
21-04-16, 20:16
Thanks xx ive just learned through cbt to control the panic attacks so now we starting to really get into the health anxiety thing and trying to sort it out.x